Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Ask WalMart to get fabric back in stores (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/ask-walmart-get-fabric-back-stores-t89136.html)

tmg 01-09-2011 08:37 PM

Thanks

cjomomma 01-09-2011 08:45 PM

Mine still has fabric and a lot of it. They have gotten in some really nice fabric's here lately.
Good luck to everyone in getting fabric back in your walmart's.

Toto's Mom 01-09-2011 08:59 PM

Thanks for the link.
As a quilter, I sent them a "piece" of my mind, for what it was worth. I contacted them several times when I heard they were taking fabrics and crafts supplies out. They ignored me.
I let them know their decision had been a boon to many of the small town businesses, as they have sold me tires, computer supplies, lawnmowers, appliances and loads of groceries that at one time I would have bought at Wal-mart.
I just don't have any use for matching Chinese made paper party accessories in this economy, and that is what they replaced our fabrics with in both local Wal-marts.

k9dancer 01-10-2011 04:49 AM

When you go to
http://walmartstores.com/contactus/feedback.aspx
and choose 'feedback & questions'
You will be able to make any remarks you wish. Then you have a choice to send it to corporate office or your local store. I chose corporate office, as that is where major decisions are made.

SueDor 01-10-2011 04:59 AM

Thanks for the web site. I told them that they took away not only our fabric, but our thread and zippers also.Stupid!
I told them we want our fabric back.

raptureready 01-10-2011 05:08 AM

I've been doing that since I first heard that the fabric departments were leaving and it did no good. They seem to think that they can appease us by choosing pre-cuts. I don't want someone else picking my fabric and I don't want it precut. It seems that Sam's kids haven't inhierited his business sense. They've taken a race horse, beaten it to death and are still trying to get it to run. I've about had it with our Walmarts all together. I'm switching to Meijers--cleaner, much friendlier staff, better layout, better selection, better quality, lower prices. Last week I started to buy some 2ltr Diet Coke at Walmart---$1.48 a bottle. Meijer had it 10 for $10 and get the 11th free.
Reinstalling the fabric department is the ONLY way I'm going back to Walmart for much of anything.

k9dancer 01-10-2011 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I've been doing that since I first heard that the fabric departments were leaving and it did no good. They seem to think that they can appease us by choosing pre-cuts. I don't want someone else picking my fabric and I don't want it precut. .........
Reinstalling the fabric department is the ONLY way I'm going back to Walmart for much of anything.

I hope you told them that.

raptureready 01-10-2011 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by k9dancer

Originally Posted by raptureready
I've been doing that since I first heard that the fabric departments were leaving and it did no good. They seem to think that they can appease us by choosing pre-cuts. I don't want someone else picking my fabric and I don't want it precut. .........

I hope you told them that.

Many, many times over the past couple of years.

k9dancer 01-10-2011 05:51 AM

The only way we can make a difference is to speak up. I would love to have an affordable LQS, but we are in the country where the closest town that has a fabric store is over 80 miles away.

Toto's Mom 01-10-2011 08:05 AM

I got my response letter back from them this morning.
They are still touting the Chinese made paper products for the "celebrations of life" as being more useful and in demand.
Oh, well. They choose to ignore us. I choose not to spend one dime there again.