Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   car trash bag tutorial (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/car-trash-bag-tutorial-t56919.html)

patricej 08-07-2010 03:55 AM

i'm glad i stumbled upon this before i threw away my worn out mini-blinds and all those curtain samples a friend gave me! :-)

say! wouldn't they also make great scrap catchers?

QweenBee 08-08-2010 03:53 AM

Thanks Sue!!

finch 08-11-2010 04:04 PM

Now using the slats from a window blind is a fantastic idea!!!! I like that idea better than the measuring tape.Thank you for that great idea.

Sue Fish 09-04-2010 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by penny doty
Thank you for the site. What is boning, and how much does it cost ? God bless. Penny

i used the slat frm a mini blind...works great or you can use metal tape measure

quilterj 10-28-2010 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Judie
Made a trash bag for my car yesterday.. . today it has trash in it!! I knew I needed one as soon as I came across the posting.. Thanks Sue!

Did you interfacing in your bag? Do you think the fussible fleece pellon 987 is heavy enough for this? I don't have any upholstery fabric to make it.

Sue Fish 10-28-2010 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by quilterj

Made a trash bag for my car yesterday.. . today it has trash in it!! I knew I needed one as soon as I came across the posting.. Thanks Sue!

Did you interfacing in your bag? Do you think the fussible fleece pellon 987 is heavy enough for this? I don't have any upholstery fabric to make it.

I just used a medium wieght drapery fabric..if you used cotton quilting fabric you could just line it with muslin maybe...
I thnk it is a neat gift for a GUY..they are so hard to make things for too

quilterj 10-28-2010 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sue Fish

I just used a medium wieght drapery fabric..if you used cotton quilting fabric you could just line it with muslin maybe...

I am going to make my husband one and a few other guys. I already had that in mind. Yes I was going to use the cotton fabric. When you made yours with the drapery fabric did you line it?

Sue Fish 10-28-2010 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sue Fish

I am going to make my husband one and a few other guys. I already had that in mind. Yes I was going to use the cotton fabric. When you made yours with the drapery fabric did you line it?

No I didn't line it..I just zig zagged the edges on the inside seams

Sue Fish 11-28-2010 10:29 AM

Welcome! Really make good gifts for the guys too

jojosnana 11-28-2010 07:24 PM

Great idea. My daughter needs this a lot. Maybe I will make her two......