Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/free-mystery-quilt-starting-april-1-a-t5740.html)

2 Doods 04-02-2008 04:51 PM

I'm looking through my fabric now to see if I have anything that will work. Never having done anything like this before I think it will be good for me. I am usually over planning!

Quilting Aggi-I feel the same aboutneeding a reminder that Spring is out there somewhere! Your colors sound great!

DonnaRae 04-02-2008 04:56 PM

Oh goodie goodie goodie, lots of us it seems are going to be doing this mystery. It will be fun to see how each one turns out. So who is ready? Not me. :?

DonnaRae 04-02-2008 04:58 PM

Don't forget everyone, scraps, good way to use them up! :D

Quilting Aggi 04-02-2008 05:44 PM

I picked up some gorgeous shades of yellows, greens and blues. I wont' post my fabrics until I pick out a few more I want to add to it. Bonnie said all those piles of little blue pieces could be switched into one big piece 3/4 yard. so I think I will go that route.

I hope to get a start on it over the weekend. Its should be fun for sure!!!

I have been thinking of making a blue/green/yellow quilt for sometime now... so no excuse to not make one now!!

Its great to see a few others here wanting to make this quilt! I can't wait for all of us to start sharing photos of our progress.

Cheers!

Knot Sew 04-04-2008 03:40 AM

bump Want to keep track of this :roll:

Quilting Aggi 04-04-2008 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaRae
Oh goodie goodie goodie, lots of us it seems are going to be doing this mystery. It will be fun to see how each one turns out. So who is ready? Not me. :?

Ok I chose my fabrics last night (photos of swatches coming soon), I also started cutting my 2 inch strips.. so far I only have some of the whites done... I was working on another quilt last night. I had to do some prep work for that one. Hopefully over the weekend I"ll start pieces all those 150 4 patches!! fun times ahead!!!

Knot Sew 04-04-2008 10:17 AM

I cut from my scrap bin for the 4 patch......I have about half done

now I have to cut my three colors up .............right? I keep pulling out fabric and changing my mind.

DonnaRae 04-04-2008 10:32 AM

Yes Ruth you are doing good. But hee hee, you are just like me, can't decide on the fabric, don't want to use that, this, maybe that, won't go with this, and on and on. hee hee.

2 Doods 04-04-2008 11:23 AM

I have my 2" light (white/off white) strips cut. Hope to get the 4 patches finished this weekend. I am still debating colors too. :?:

I went to "Henry-JoAnn's" and had a spree like Henry does. Don't tell my DH-I came home with 2 huge bags of fabric. They had flannel on sale and I couln't resist. Looks nice on my shelf-waitng for me :lol:

quiltmaker101 04-04-2008 11:27 AM

I'm making this one too. I have half my four patches done. Very diverse colors and prints. I hate not knowing what the finished quilt is supposed to look like, but that is the point of the Mystery Quilt. If it looks dorky, I guess I will donate it. Hopefully it will look nearly as great as Bonnie's scrap quilts look!