Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   FYI Fabric.com shipping (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/fyi-fabric-com-shipping-t280337.html)

marcycn 07-11-2016 05:57 AM

FYI Fabric.com shipping

Fabric.com (part of Amazon) use to have a policy of free shipping over $35. That has changed to free shipping over $49 with a $4.99 shipping charge up to $48.99. That's for continental US.

tessagin 07-11-2016 06:21 AM

Thanks for sharing!!

ManiacQuilter2 07-11-2016 06:36 AM

Thanks from sharing. I haven't been shopping with them lately. Didn't they started charging more for a half a yard cuts? Shippping seems to be taking a big bite out of the final total for online fabric stores.

Onebyone 07-11-2016 06:40 AM

That's odd. Fabric.com quilt fabric on Amazon has free shipping.

feline fanatic 07-11-2016 07:06 AM

Wow, they must have just changed it. I placed an order last week and it was still $35.00 (it just arrived Saturday)

Thanks for the heads up.

marcycn 07-11-2016 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7599267)
That's odd. Fabric.com quilt fabric on Amazon has free shipping.

Was on the site when I went in this morning by clicking on my email. Real small letters at the top. Fabric.com is Amazon.

CookyIN 07-11-2016 07:17 AM

I used to be able to get some great sale prices from them, but it's probably been at least a year since I last shopped with them. I think they got so many more customers, they were able to keep prices higher.

SewingSew 07-11-2016 08:15 AM

I have spent way too much money shopping there lately. They carry a Timeless Treasures Plume Peacock fabric that is just gorgeous and the quality is good. The coordinating fabrics are also very nice. I didn't realize that they were part of Amazon.

marcycn 07-11-2016 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by SewingSew (Post 7599331)
I have spent way too much money shopping there lately. They carry a Timeless Treasures Plume Peacock fabric that is just gorgeous and the quality is good. The coordinating fabrics are also very nice. I didn't realize that they were part of Amazon.

I asked them 2 years ago why they were charging us taxes all of a sudden and this was their reply:

"Thank you for contacting Fabric.com with your sales tax inquiry.
We are an Amazon.com owned company and as of May 8, 2014 Amazon.com has started charging sales tax in Florida. "

Actually all over the country, not just in Florida. Yeah, I'm an email junkie and keep all sorts of emails from years ago. :-(

quiltingcandy 07-11-2016 08:40 AM

I knew that Fabric.com is one of the suppliers for Amazon - found it when I was looking for supplies one time. You should check to see if a fabric is cheaper at their website vs Amazon, because if you haven't noticed, Amazon Prime is not always the cheaper price for a product since it includes shipping. When I am fabric shopping I usually go to at least 4 different websites before making a decision.

The MSQC also has a flat $5.00 shipping fee for orders up to $100.00, to me the convenience far outweighs the shipping charge.

Quite a few years ago sales tax on items bought out of state had to include a sales tax if they were being shipped to a location into a state that has a sales tax. Can't tell you when it happened just remembered it did. Oregon doesn't have a state sales tax, but if you live in CA, buy a car in OR, you get to pay the CA sales tax when you register the car in CA. I am amazed when I buy my dies from Accuquilt I don't pay CA sales tax - so I am not complaining though.