Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Gotta love Eleanor Burns! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/gotta-love-eleanor-burns-t215588.html)

sulyle 03-07-2013 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5909140)
I bought a package of the scraps she threw on the floor. LOL. She said she'll never tell who picks them up but she believed if you made the mess you clean it up. I've meet her many times at Paducah. She is a treasure.

I heard her say she works with two men when taping so being the only woman there she gets to clean up her own scraps. I'm going to see her lecture tomorrow night in Melbourne. Really looking forward to it.

collady 03-07-2013 07:35 AM

I just wish I had someone to pick up the snip-its and squiggles that I drop on the floor! I bet she has a staff the clean up for her now. (maybe not when she started!)

Lori S 03-07-2013 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5908152)
She is fabulous - the kind of woman you wish lived next door.

I could not agree more with you! I just love her.

Lori S 03-07-2013 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5909140)
I bought a package of the scraps she threw on the floor. LOL. She said she'll never tell who picks them up but she believed if you made the mess you clean it up. I've meet her many times at Paducah. She is a treasure.

I too have a package of her "tossed on the floor" scraps. Every time I look at them pinned up on my board I just smile.

nativetexan 03-07-2013 07:53 AM

I've watched her for many years. i tend to turn the volume down quite a bit due to her voice but still, she's good.

sjbart 03-07-2013 09:26 AM

Glad someone else has that problem and can blame it on the women responsible for millions of "quilt addicts"!

jeaninmaine 03-07-2013 09:59 AM

I love her, so many times I think someone has come up with a new technique, I look at one of her really old videos and there she is doing it. I want to try her way of doing the Jewel Box quilt.

bikermom 03-07-2013 10:50 AM

I had the pleasure to meet Eleanor Burns in her "Quilt in a Day" booth at the last 2 International Quilt Festivals in Houston, TX. She is such a very nice lady. Both times I had a nearby shopper take a picture of me and Eleanor together. Last year, she was wearing a frilly purple boa around her neck and she quickly put one end of the boa also around me for the picture. I also bought one of her books both times and she autographed each one of them.

AlaskaAlice 03-07-2013 01:36 PM

I think I have a VHS tape of a show where she shows a lady who helps her, sweeping the scraps up and her comment is "I bet you thought I just throw them away, didn't you?" She is great..I taped many of her shows + others from PBS when I had TV.. have some of her books also..LOL

tenngal 03-07-2013 01:45 PM

I've learned so much from her, especially with all that she's come through!