Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   JoAnn's Sale (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/joanns-sale-t70635.html)

craftiladi 10-19-2010 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by TacoMama
What brand of quilt batting does JoAnn's carry? We don't like Hancock's "Sew Perfect" brand.

Speaking of Hancocks......has anyone else had the problem of trying to get the rolling machine tote that was on sale almost 2 months or so ago? My wonderfully patient man has been going back to the Hancocks in las vegas just about every week trying to cash in the rain check they gave him the 1st week these tote were advertized on sale , not sure how much longer I can convince him to keep going back. They even know him by name now-not something he is proud of.

craftiladi 10-19-2010 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
JoAnn's has a new sale. The [email protected] 50% and 40% coupons can be used both on-line and in the stores.

Joanne you look wonderful!

mooretll 10-19-2010 09:54 AM

They have the Warm and White as well as Warm and Natural. I have used both and they machine quilt real well. Hope this helps

MommaDorian 10-19-2010 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Edie
I have 48 hours to think of what I need. Or should need. Or have to need. Edie

ROFL, just had to laugh at this one. :mrgreen:

JoanneS 10-19-2010 12:51 PM

T

Originally Posted by craftiladi

Originally Posted by JoanneS
JoAnn's has a new sale. The [email protected] 50% and 40% coupons can be used both on-line and in the stores.

Joanne you look wonderful!

Thanks craftladi. I guess I should have changed my avatar a long time ago!

annette1952 10-19-2010 10:38 PM

I went on Monday. I couldn't use any coupons because everything I bought was already on sale. I still thought it was great. Got alot of good deals. I bought 24 fat quarters, 2 patterns, 7 yards of flannel & 6 yards of Kona & 5 yards of Debbie Mumm fabric. I would like to go back & get some fleece too but....LOL

Edie 10-20-2010 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by annette1952
I went on Monday. I couldn't use any coupons because everything I bought was already on sale. I still thought it was great. Got alot of good deals. I bought 24 fat quarters, 2 patterns, 7 yards of flannel & 6 yards of Kona & 5 yards of Debbie Mumm fabric. I would like to go back & get some fleece too but....LOL

What is it with fat quarters - I bought ten yesterday. I have this thing for fat quarters!!!!!!! They had some really nice ones at our store yesterday. I also got (with my 50% off) a little suction with a drawer knob on top. (sort of like one of those porcelain knobs on a bathroom cabinet (at least our bathroom cabinet has one of those knobs)). I got it for $1.50! It is really neat! Doesn't stop me from getting fat quarters, but I am a tool person and this is a neat tool! Beats those bulky jobbers!!!!! Edie

hostalover 11-09-2010 02:26 PM

JoAnn carries warm and natural; warm and white and has Mountain Mist packaging also. I like to use the warm and natural that is on a roll that way I don't have to let it rest for 24 hours.

Edie 11-09-2010 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by hostalover
JoAnn carries warm and natural; warm and white and has Mountain Mist packaging also. I like to use the warm and natural that is on a roll that way I don't have to let it rest for 24 hours.

i always buy it on the roll. Good thinking!!! I didn't know about the 24 hour rest. That is the time I deserve~

Today I went to my friend's home where her sons were cleaning deer and my friend and I cut it up for loins, stew meat, roasts and steaks. This year they are making hamburger. So we cleaned up three deer and I got five packages of venison. Surprised the husband tonight with loin medallions, potato chips, pickles, salad and toast (a traditional meal for us).

I have another week off from cleaning as the sons are going again on Thursday - Sunday! We help them by cleaning the venison - absolutely pure meat, no bones, silver is taken off, pure unadulterated meat - no cholesterol - taste like you wouldn't believe. Tomorrow I sew all day - maybe! Edie

mooretll 11-10-2010 02:54 AM

I agree, Some of the best meat you will ever eat. We process our own and make sausage and then smoke it, Yummy. I have tomorrow off so will be sewing as well. Gotta go to work now have a good day Ladies.