Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Kwik Klip has gone out of business (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/kwik-klip-has-gone-out-business-t311214.html)

Sheri.a 06-01-2020 02:35 PM

Kwik Klip has gone out of business

The handy tool you use to pin baste a quilt is no longer being made. I logged on to their website on the 31st and saw a message that the cost of producing their Kwik Klip and pin covers was too much to stay in business. I put one in my cart and today there is no website. This is so sad.

SherylM 06-01-2020 04:26 PM

I'm really sorry to hear that. I have two Kwik Klips and too many of the pin covers to count, and they make pin basting soooo much easier. They certainly save my fingers!

I just checked on Amazon, and they still have some in stock. I bought another pack of 200 pin covers.

Onebyone 06-01-2020 04:41 PM

I have about a dozen Kwik Klips. When someone puts on on the free table I get it if no one else wants it. I find them at thrift shop in with the screwdrivers and other tools. I have a few still new in package I found on clearance from time to time. I have a shoe box full of the pin covers. I use to pin baste my quilts.

QuiltnNan 06-01-2020 05:52 PM

I've seen that some quilters use a grapefruit spoon with their basting pins

mkc 06-01-2020 05:54 PM

While DH can make me a replacement Kwik Klip tool if needed, I am very sad to hear the pin covers will no longer be produced. Hopefully another quilting company can pick up the design/production.

Tartan 06-01-2020 08:23 PM

I think that fewer quitters are pin basting now. There are so many different ways to baste like 505, quick baste, glue baste, thread baste and fusible batting.

Sheri.a 06-02-2020 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 8390021)
I think that fewer quitters are pin basting now. There are so many different ways to baste like 505, quick baste, glue baste, thread baste and fusible batting.

That's probably true, but I'm allergic to many chemicals and don't use them, so I still pin baste when I don't send out to a long-armer to baste.

katiebear1 06-02-2020 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 8390021)

I had always pin basted. That was just the way I learned, but It was getting harder to do with my arthritis . So I looked up on you tube how to do it with a glue stick and I am now a convert! LOL

Onebyone 06-02-2020 06:08 AM

I started with thread basting. Tried having LA do the basting for me. Then on to safety pins using Kwik Klip and pin covers Then I tried pins with Pinmoors. Then found 505, then fusible batting. Went on to Elmer's School glue. Now I use Free Fuse. It's the best and easiest way so far for me.

Barb2018 06-02-2020 06:21 AM

I'm so glad I saw this post...I found some pin covers on Amazon and bought a pack of 200. Pin basting is my go-to method and the Kwik-clip and pin covers are the way to go. The only time I spray baste is when I'm using my embroidery machine to do my quilting.