Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Meadow Mist Designs Mystery Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/meadow-mist-designs-mystery-quilt-t280303.html)

Jeanne S 07-09-2016 05:46 PM

Meadow Mist Designs Mystery Quilt

Is anybody here going to do the Meadow Mystery Quilt that is just starting? It is organized by Cheryl Brickey of Meadow Mist Designs. I am not familiar with her, but saw her blog and it looks interesting. She just gave the fabric requirements. It will be a lap/throw size and described as advanced beginner with HSTs, square in a square units, flying geese and basic patchwork. Won't be a speedy one as it looks like a clue will be posted the first Thursday of the month for about 6 or 7 months. Certainly not an all-day marathon like Bonnie Hunter's last mystery that I did and loved. Might be fun to work on inbetween other projects.

Barb in Louisiana 07-09-2016 08:05 PM

Looks like it might be a fun quilt. For others that are interested http://meadowmistdesigns.blogspot.com/

quiltsRfun 07-09-2016 09:34 PM

I really don't need another project but this is very tempting. I've signed up for emails and we'll see how it goes. The fact that the clues are monthly will make it easier to keep up.

How about posting our fabric choices and progress here? I'm not on Facebook so I can't join that group.

DOTTYMO 07-09-2016 10:07 PM

Looks interesting. I have too many projects on the go at present but I will keep in mind for another time.

silliness 07-10-2016 04:55 AM

I participated last year so I am probably going to do it again this year. I don't have facebook anymore, which was a lot of fun to see what fabrics everyone selected and see their blocks as they came along. I would love to be a part of an active group here for those of us that don't have FB.

tapper 07-10-2016 05:29 AM

I am thinking about doing this but have a lot on the go right now.
If I decide to do it, I would like to be a part of a group here on QB. I am not on FB.

ManiacQuilter2 07-10-2016 05:48 AM

Looks interesting but too many projects that are waiting to be finished.

QuiltE 07-10-2016 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by silliness (Post 7598395)
I participated last year so I am probably going to do it again this year. I don't have facebook anymore, which was a lot of fun to see what fabrics everyone selected and see their blocks as they came along. I would love to be a part of an active group here for those of us that don't have FB.

Silliness ... Please tell us about your experience last year ... and show us a photo of the quilt you made.

I am interested in doing this, though have had some Mystery experiences that were not the best, and so am a little hesitant for new ones.

Thanks for the info!

Jeanne S 07-10-2016 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun (Post 7598287)
I really don't need another project but this is very tempting. I've signed up for emails and we'll see how it goes. The fact that the clues are monthly will make it easier to keep up.

How about posting our fabric choices and progress here? I'm not on Facebook so I can't join that group.

I think I will give it a go. I splurged and ordered some new fabric for it, so will post photos as soon as it comes in. I picked fabrics in shades of tans and blacks, with red/tan for Fabric A "pop of color". On the Facebook page and Blog she posted links to some fabric groupings at the Fat Quarter Shop for this mystery quilt which was good for ideas. I did sign up for the emails and the Facebook group.

Jeanne S 07-10-2016 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by silliness (Post 7598395)

I also would love to see a photo of last year's mystery quilt. I couldn't find any on her blog. But most of her other quilt patterns looked reasonable to do in terms of complexity.