Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Meadow Mist Designs Mystery Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/meadow-mist-designs-mystery-quilt-t280303.html)

Jeanne S 07-16-2016 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am so excited there are several of you joining me on making this mystery quilt. It is only my second mystery quilt, so I always learn a lot in the process!
I ordered fabrics for this one, and here they are. If you have picked yours, let's see them!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]554073[/ATTACH]

quiltsRfun 07-16-2016 08:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Your choices are great, Jeanne. I'm trying to decide between these two. Suggestions? I'm determined to use stash fabric but my original color choices were short on yardage.

Jeanne S 07-17-2016 02:43 AM

Oh I like both of your selections! But if I had to pick I think it would be the second as I like the pops of color!

silliness 07-28-2016 09:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I finally have my fabric selections made. The yellow floral on the right is my inspiration piece. I just cannot decide whether to use the pink or orange fabric in the main quilt. I am leaning towards the pink because it has butterflies in it and this will be a kids charity quilt. Whichever one of the pink or orange I don't use, I was thinking might work for the binding or back. I think I am going to have to do the opposite colorway suggestion because the purple is the only fabric that I have over 2 yards of. So I am thinking the floral will go between the pink and blue. For the teal, I am going to use the FQ and the solid so that one will be a bit scrappier than the rest. [ATTACH=CONFIG]554795[/ATTACH]

quiltsRfun 07-28-2016 10:20 AM

The gold matches your inspiration fabric better but I like the pink with the other fabric choices.

Jeanne S 07-28-2016 12:37 PM

I like both the pink and gold! Which ever you chose will be great. I am glad you are going with a dark background! That was my first instinct too, but the fabrics I selected just didn't work that way. I prefer quilts with dark backgrounds.
Our cutting clue is a week from today!! I am excited. I need to get my fabrics washed and ironed this weekend.

silliness 07-28-2016 04:54 PM

Thanks quiltsrfun and Jeanne. After quiltsrfun said that the gold matched my inspiration fabric the best, I realized that the gold on the pale yellow might be too much yellow and gold in the main part of the quilt quilt. I think I will go with the pink for the main part of the quilt and incorporate the gold in the binding or back. I am hoping it will give it that pop it needs at the end.

frustratedquilter40 07-29-2016 06:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I have been contemplating doing this one. I pulled some fabrics and right now these are my choices: Open to suggestions though.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]554829[/ATTACH]

quiltsRfun 07-29-2016 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by frustratedquilter40 (Post 7614023)
Well I have been contemplating doing this one. I pulled some fabrics and right now these are my choices: Open to suggestions though.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]554829[/ATTACH]

Those look good. Can't wait to see how all our choices come together.

Jeanne S 07-29-2016 01:13 PM

frustratedquilter I think your choices are perfect!! They will make a lovely quilt!!