Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   MSQC-Hamilton,Mo (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/msqc-hamilton-mo-t276266.html)

wwquilter 03-03-2016 06:24 PM

Thanks for the info about Hamilton MO. We are about 5 hours away and are planning a trip in early April. I just joined Quilt Board tonight and I think I'm going to love it. Thanks everyone. WW

Geri B 03-04-2016 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by EmmaMae1 (Post 7483479)
I went online to Trip Advisor to search for motels in Hamilton, MO and there are none. The closest motel listings are in Cameron, MO. I have ordered online from MSQC and love their fabrics. The orders are always accurate and I receive the packages within a few days of ordering. HTH, Karen N., NW Iowa

Now there's another venture for the Doan family.......a hotel...can you just see all those beautiful quilts dressing all the walls.......

nstitches4u 03-04-2016 06:09 PM

MSQC is my favorite quilt community. Can't say quilt shop because it isn't just one shop, but a whole Main Street of shops. I love going to MSQC when Jenny is in town and not on a teaching tour. She makes you feel like one of the family and takes time to answer your questions. The Doan family are among the nicest people I have ever met. If you get a chance to go MSQC, definitely go! You won't regret it.

mjhaess 03-08-2016 06:44 AM

I will have to go there one of these days..

Geri B 03-09-2016 07:09 AM

Well, I've decided, instead of Paducah and all the crowds...I'm going to plan a road trip to hamilton.......it's about the same distance just a different direction. Those who have already gone, which place in Cameron is recommended....thanks

quiltingshorttimer 03-11-2016 07:41 PM

Here's an idea of all of you that live fairly far away--plan on the Kansas City Regional Quilt Fest (the first was the 3rd most attended quilt show in 2015--it's a biannual event) in June 2017 and go to MSQC while in the area--it's about an hour+ from the Overland Park Convention Center where the KCRQF is held. The trip to Hamilton is well worth it and the KCRQF is awesome and there are lots of LQS between and around the 2--so see you in KC area in 2017? Hope so!

NikkiLu 03-11-2016 07:55 PM

So, you will be going on a F.A.R.T - Fabric Acquisition Road Trip - LOL

Originally Posted by redstilettos (Post 7481459)
8.5 hours according to the internet map/directions. I think I need to help corrupt a few friends for this road trip!

LynnVT 03-20-2016 02:43 AM

We have been in Wichita since December and plan to stop there on our drive home to Vermont the first of April. Someone told me the whole thing is owned by the Mormon church and many workers are actually volunteers doing service. Hubby is concerned he won't be able to get coffee in the "man cave." Is that true?She also said it's kind of weird if you are planning a quilt as you have to buy floral in one store, batiks in another and so forth. Interesting comments. I just figured it will be fun since we're going near there on route 70 anyhow. Won't have room in car to bring much home, but still sounds like fun.

quiltingshorttimer 03-20-2016 04:51 PM

The whole thing is owned by the Doan family and believe they are Mormon, but church doesn't own it. They have many stores (7 last I was there)--one is mostly blenders, one is batiks, one is licensed prints (Disney, etc), one is reproductions (Civil War,KS Troubles, Downton Abby, 30's), one is seasonals, one is a mix of designers, etc. Yest, that means you should probably shop with a list. Most of the time when we go up, we start at the main store and work from there--all with EASY walking distance(only about 2-3 blocks long). Your DH will be able to get coffee in the Man Cave, there's a barbque resturant and a brewhouse in town. No, the workers are not voluteers--they are paid and the nice thing about the whole establishment is it has revitalized the town to the point that the young people are not having to move away to get decent jobs. A definite destination to stop at and plan to spend at least 3 hrs--otherwise you will be moving so fast that you really won't get a chance to actually see it well and will be overwhelmed.

LynnVT 03-23-2016 04:48 AM

Excellent, quiltingshorttimer. Thank you for your answer. I'll be sad to leave Wichita, so looking forward to Hamilton. Neither our packed Prius nor empty wallets will allow for much buying, but still eager to see it all. Maybe something will be irresistible. ..