Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Nancy Zieman (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/nancy-zieman-t230330.html)

MarleneC 09-16-2013 10:27 AM

Love Nancy--have learned so much from her. She keeps up with the newest sewing trends and covers every aspect of sewing--not just garment sewing. I used to tape her before she began showing episodes on the internet. Hope she has many more fun years of showing us the best ways to make our sewing a pleasant experience. I just shared her latest technique of ending a quilt binding with a friend--she used it and loved it.

Carol34446 09-16-2013 02:29 PM

You can go to www.nancyzieman.com and watch shows she has had on recently. I do that if I miss a show. We are so lucky we get her here on PBS channel 8:00 tp 8:30 every week day. We have other shows between 8:30 and 9:30 weekdays, all sewing/quilting craft related. Thank you Nancy, I have watched you for many years, you used to com on in Ft. Worth every afternoon and I would tape them. Your a bless to so many of us. Just love your large blck quilt, have directions to make it all written down. Look forward to more years.
Carol, Homosassa, FL

Teacup 09-16-2013 03:07 PM

I'm working on the 30-minute doll clothes featured on her show. I ordered the pattern from her website. I was fortunate once to get to visit her store in Wisconsin...very nice shop and great selection of lots of fun items!

RugosaB 09-16-2013 03:29 PM

My husband and I were talking yesterday, "Isn't that the American dream?" Working so long at something you love to do? It's great to see a Midwestern gal start a business, and succeed!

I loved the story of how she met her husband - she had an interview after she graduated, with a Mr ZIEMAN - yes, he became her husband so many years ago.

It was a treat to see some of the behind the scenes of the show

Queen 09-17-2013 02:52 AM

I probably wouldn't be quilting had it not been for Sewing with Nancy. It was how I learned, there wasn't anyone around to teach me while I was raising kids. Also gave me confidence to try something new. Mary

DonnaC 09-17-2013 06:43 AM

Neesie, I had the exact experience that you describe... had a chance to meet Nancy at an event a few years ago where she spoke.. and stood there like a dolt! Didn't have a clue what to say. She's a fun speaker, too. She's not quite as conservative as she appears on the show...she's got a little sass to her!

Lori S 09-17-2013 06:50 AM

I have always admired her strength and motivation. Her show is on here during the week. When ever its on , I stop take a break and watch every minute. Thanks Nancy! You are always a bright spot in my day.

Neesie 09-17-2013 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaC (Post 6298823)
Neesie, I had the exact experience that you describe... had a chance to meet Nancy at an event a few years ago where she spoke.. and stood there like a dolt! Didn't have a clue what to say. She's a fun speaker, too. She's not quite as conservative as she appears on the show...she's got a little sass to her!

"Ummmm . . . . :o Uhhhhhh . . . . :shock: Uh, how about this weather, we're having?!?" :D

Tiggersmom 09-17-2013 09:45 AM

oh crikie......I should turn off netflix and look for Nancy! Didn't know she has past episodes on her website.

Pepita 09-17-2013 09:34 PM

I will bet that Nancy Zieman is not the star struck lady you might think. I think she saw a need for someone to teach sewing in a professional way--and has been professional in bringing in new ideas and guests along the way. I'd also guess that her tastes have changed over the years, I know mine have. The quilts that I made so long ago were pretty simple. I'd bet if you met her she would impress you like the quilters you know, warm, kind and interesting. How do I know, well, I don't. I just think of the many quilters that I know and there is a strong sense of fellowship, and friendship.