Nancy Zieman

Old 09-15-2013, 08:18 PM

Default Nancy Zieman

I know I have seen posts of hers here, in the past, so if you're reading Nancy, THANK YOU! It's been an enjoyable 30 years!

I got married in 1981, and knew the show started a couple of years later and I've loved it all these years. Even my husband knows who Nancy is, in fact around here, she's just Nancy, no last name required.
I saw the show today that was about the history of the show, including the bloopers, and really enjoyed meeting your family
My kids were born in the 80's, around the time you were featuring sewing for kids. They all grew up knowing 'find something else to do, Nancy's on'
PBS has moved your show around over the years, Wednesdays, Saturdays, then Sundays, but I find you every time.

Looking forward to many more years

Hope you all can view this around you, looks to be a 2 part show - I know where I'll be next Sunday afternoon!
Old 09-16-2013, 04:22 AM

I got married in '82 and started my family shortly thereafter...Nancy's always been a part of my home too.
I saw the show you speak of and it was great fun to watch.
Nancy....thanks for all the years of guidance.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:09 AM

It's so cool that Nancy is a part of this forum! Thanks from me too.......
Old 09-16-2013, 05:31 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Absolutely LOVE Nancy and her show .. I was hooked when I first started to sew and was a miserable failure then Nancy came along with so many tips, ideas and wonderful patterns. She is my idol, my mentor and thank you Nancy for all you have ever done for me (even tho you don't know it !LOL)..
My kids knew when she was on: everything came to a stand still and I watched -9 out of 10 times the kids were right there also watching ..
Old 09-16-2013, 05:38 AM
Power Poster

Currently, she's on Saturday beginning at 9:30 a.m. DH works so I don't have to watch his mechanics shows! From 9:30-12:30 on Saturdays it's all about sewing in any way shape or form.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:35 AM

I love her show too. Unfortunately, it is no longer carried where I live. We used to get 3 quilt shows on Saturday, starting at 6 AM, and I always watched.
Happy 30th Anniversary Nancy!
Old 09-16-2013, 06:59 AM

Confession: I used to tape Nancy's shows so I could watch them over and over. When my two boys were small and got into mischief, I would make them sit and watch one of her shows as a "timeout" strategy. But then they started to like her. . . Thanks, Nancy!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:21 AM

I'm also a big fan of Nancy Z! When I read your post, I thought, "Gee! Wish I could meet her!" Then I realized that if I did have a chance to meet Nancy, I'd probably get all tongue-tied and not be able to think of anything even half-way intelligent, to say! Being around extreme talent tends to do that to me . . . so if I ever meet any of y'all, please don't show me any really gorgeous quilts you've made . . . or I'll suddenly start babbling nonsense!

(more nonsense, than usual)
Old 09-16-2013, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
I'm also a big fan of Nancy Z! When I read your post, I thought, "Gee! Wish I could meet her!" Then I realized that if I did have a chance to meet Nancy, I'd probably get all tongue-tied and not be able to think of anything even half-way intelligent, to say! Being around extreme talent tends to do that to me . . . so if I ever meet any of y'all, please don't show me any really gorgeous quilts you've made . . . or I'll suddenly start babbling nonsense!

(more nonsense, than usual)
You are so lucky in USA to get so many quilt shows, here informative shows are all cooking or gardening !Letty
Old 09-16-2013, 09:43 AM

I have been a fan for a very long time. I also tape her shows to go back to again. I also love the things I get from her catalog, waiting for a delivery now. I hope there is a lot more shows to come, she makes it look so easy.