Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   need input on a new basic sewing machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/need-input-new-basic-sewing-machine-t302615.html)

farmquilter 01-28-2019 08:36 AM

need input on a new basic sewing machine

Am planning to be prepared with a good sewing machine, if the Pfaff 7570 repair is too high.

Would like to gather input of basic machines that can do multiple stitches, needle down option, do piecing and regular sewing.
I thought the Pfaff would be my last everyday sewing machine but the repair guy did not give me high hopes on the life of it now. The store does not sell machines so he does not have a motive to want me to buy from him.

Need may thoughts on machines that are available.

NoraB 01-28-2019 09:29 AM

I've read good reviews of the EverSewn machines. Seems like there are several versions for what people need.

IrishNY 01-28-2019 09:31 AM

If you're looking for basic machine, you should check out the EverSewn machines. I've heard great things about them and they are pretty affordable. I'm sure someone else on here can tell you more.

Edit: Sorry, Nora, didn't mean to copy you. We must have been typing at the same time.

Onebyone 01-28-2019 05:15 PM

I have the Eversewn sparrow 30. It's great. Has every feature of the top of the line machines. About $400. I also have the Eversewn QE. It has a larger throat space. About $799. The QE was a gift and I was perfectly happy with the Sparrow 30. I have a Bernina and the Eversewn sews the same, very solid machine.

SusieQOH 01-28-2019 05:45 PM

I've also heard good things about Eversewn, in fact I was at my local Bernina shop for service and they had all of the Eversewns on display. I wonder if it's a Bernina product? I have no idea but wondered why they displayed them but forgot to ask.
I almost bought one but I'm glad I didn't only because the last thing I need is another sewing machine :D
Be sure to let us know what you get, farmquilter.

WANNABEE 01-28-2019 05:46 PM

Onebyone other than throat space is the QE and the 30 the same?

farmquilter 01-28-2019 05:49 PM

Thank you gals for the input about the Eversewn machines, a new name for me. Went to Amazon and they have them, so have one on my list.
Am thinking to just go get my Pfaff from the store and invest in a Sparrow. The machines are in my price range and do offer a lot for the prices.
Reviews sound like they are made by Bernina so guess that is a good thing. Also they use Pfaff bobbins, do not know about the feet but will check more reviews if possible.

pocoellie 01-28-2019 05:53 PM

The LQS here, said that a couple of the Bernina family members had a falling out, and decided to go on their own, and the Eversewn is the result. I don't know if this is a myth or truth though.

JJBlaine 01-28-2019 06:40 PM

I have the Eversewn Hero, which is the one that does embroidery, and it is awesome, especially for such a reasonable price. I went with the Eversewn because I have read rave reviews about every one of their models.

farmquilter 01-29-2019 06:16 AM

I just ordered the Sparrow 30, as the Pfaff 7570 was top of the line when I bought it. It will arrive on Monday so I will get the space ready to set it all up and start playing. The Pfaff has been out of the house for 3 weeks, time to move on.