Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   New-Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along - all of my Quilt Blocks and Layouts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/new-rhondas-sampler-quilt-along-all-my-quilt-blocks-layouts-t114660.html)

BonniFeltz 04-18-2011 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by dyer804
They are beautiful! I may bookmark the page but I'm not sure I'll ever be good enough to do your wonderful blocks. Thanks for sharing and being inspirational.

I know that you would be able to do it. I thought that also but just finished making one of her blocks (used half square triangles and boston blocks) and am getting ready to do another. Just look at her tutorials on how to do the blocks and start out slowly (perhaps with half square triangles). If *I* can do it, I know that you can too.

dyer804 04-18-2011 11:30 AM

Thank you both for the encouragement. I may have to play with some scraps and see what I can do. The blocks are really lovely.

Rhonda 04-18-2011 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by dyer804
Thank you both for the encouragement. I may have to play with some scraps and see what I can do. The blocks are really lovely.

Thanks dyer804 I hope you enjoy playing with the Blocks. there are so many possibilities once you learn how to make the blocks.

If you need any help just let me know!

BonniFeltz 05-15-2011 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is! I finished Shelley's Block. She asked for Stella (week 7). I had to unstitch it a couple of times. It will go out to her tomorrow. It needs a little squaring up but otherwise I did it.

I sent Shelley a picture of it and she said I could post this.

Rhonda 05-15-2011 07:03 PM

Oh Bonni that is gorgeous!! I love the purples!!! Is the purple a batik?

dream56 05-15-2011 07:30 PM

Great job Bonnie

BonniFeltz 05-15-2011 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

Yes it is. I've had it for a bit so thought this was a good time to use it up.

Rhonda 05-15-2011 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz

I'm just getting into the batiks. I doubt they will ever be a big thing for me but I do like some of them. so many of them are just too big a print for me.

BonniFeltz 05-16-2011 04:36 AM

I'm just getting into the batiks. I doubt they will ever be a big thing for me but I do like some of them. so many of them are just too big a print for me.

That is true but this one more mottled. I love them for their flexibility in working with a lot of fabric. I didn't think I would like working with them but when you are cutting them into smaller units you don't seem some of those big prints anymore.

Rhonda 05-16-2011 10:40 AM

That is true but this one more mottled. I love them for their flexibility in working with a lot of fabric. I didn't think I would like working with them but when you are cutting them into smaller units you don't seem some of those big prints anymore.

I bought a variety of batiks I thought I could use to make Boston Blocks with. One set of fabrics are animal prints. I am curious to see how that works out. I haven't sat down and played with them yet. They may just end up in a Doll Quilt for the swap down the road! Somebody made a DQ using animal prints and it was really cute. Gave me ideas!

Oh the possibilities!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: