Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Nice surprise at Dollar Store update (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/nice-surprise-dollar-store-update-t250835.html)

quilttiger 07-29-2014 03:01 AM

Not much luck in finding the product....checked two dollar stores, Staples and Target so far. I will keep checking for it.

ManiacQuilter2 07-29-2014 03:56 AM

I bought them by mistake I think at Target a couple of weeks ago. I thought they were glue sticks. They certainly put out a tiny bead of glue.

IQuiltnFL 07-29-2014 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 6819560)
i got mine a couple of days ago... haven't tried it yet. but i had to pay the full dollar :)

I found them in PA but when I remarked someone had bought them for 50 cents the sales person looked at me and said "this is a DOLLAR store" with a bit of a smirk. She had the checkout line snickering...I only bought 5 and I hope I can refill with the big bottle. I think these will work great for binding and dabbing applique pieces. Thanks so much for telling us about them.

pjnesler 07-29-2014 04:29 AM

I'll be shopping for these at my Dollar Store! Thanks

judykay 07-29-2014 10:04 AM

I just came from the $tree and they had them, they are not in with school supplies but at the check out area. I happen to see one laying there and asked if there was any more and she told me where they were hanging. Now I can make more hexies.

Onebyone 07-29-2014 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by IQuiltnFL (Post 6822135)
I found them in PA but when I remarked someone had bought them for 50 cents the sales person looked at me and said "this is a DOLLAR store" with a bit of a smirk. She had the checkout line snickering...

That employee was rude. There are many items in the $ store that are under a $1. I now have fun turning the tables on rudeness. I would have looked distraught and asking why did she want to embarrass me for what reason? I would have turned to the other customers and said I'm glad you enjoyed this person's rudeness at my expense. I wouldn't have felt anything but annoyed at a bunch of jerks but they wouldn't know that.

judy363905 07-29-2014 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by cactusmomma (Post 6820672)
Found these in Phoenix yesterday. Thanks.

I looked at Walmart this am, no luck. Did you find them at the 99€ store or Dollar Store? I would appreciate to know think they would be just what I need to help with bindings. :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

MargaretH 07-29-2014 02:31 PM

I found them at the Dollar Tree today, hanging at the checkout. They had quite a few.

judy363905 07-31-2014 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretH (Post 6823054)
I found them at the Dollar Tree today, hanging at the checkout. They had quite a few.

Thank you Margaret. I went back to Dollar tree today and found them at registers...yesterday I look all over and left without making a purchase so I did not get to the check out :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

deedum 08-02-2014 06:21 PM

ok I give, I did find them today at our dollar store, but I didn't buy any. What would I use them for?