Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Quilting is irrelevant? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/quilting-irrelevant-t206646.html)

KwiltyKahy 11-22-2012 04:51 AM

I love this quote. Is it original with you?
The writer of the article needs to do some research about some other tax wasting programs, and get an attitude adjustment. Perhaps he/she also needs to research the amount of money generated by the museum in terms of tourist dollars, etc.

Originally Posted by Greenheron (Post 5672767)
"On the internet you can be anything you want. It's surprising how many choose to be stupid."

justflyingin 11-22-2012 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy (Post 5672980)
I love this quote. Is it original with you?
The writer of the article needs to do some research about some other tax wasting programs, and get an attitude adjustment. Perhaps he/she also needs to research the amount of money generated by the museum in terms of tourist dollars, etc.

Originally Posted by Greenheron

"On the internet you can be anything you want. It's surprising how many choose to be stupid."
So very true. I loved this quote!

JulieR 11-22-2012 08:06 PM

Anyone can say anything she likes. That doesn't mean
anyone else has to care what they say.

lclang 11-23-2012 04:06 AM

I think HE was wise to remain anonymous.....Quilters could needle him to death for that stupid article!

kellen46 11-23-2012 08:25 AM

Poor Poppet, no one ever gave him/her a quilt to use as a blankie when a baby. If they had, the outcome would have been different and the author not so cold and prickly. Just one more reason to make more quilts so no baby goes un-cuddled.

Vicki W 11-23-2012 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by garysgal (Post 5672827)
I think the point they were trying to make is that in today's economy with so many out of work, and things being so unsettled, and the cost of food rising, and etc. it was foolish to spend taxpayer money on a museum that is for quilting.

I agree that the point was that taxpayer funds should not be used. However, the author then took the position that quilting is irrelevant. He could have better made his point without bringing in one place that funds were used, especially $80,000 when the problem is in trillions.

carolaug 11-23-2012 08:45 AM

It would really be a sad day if they closed all muesums, libraries, parks, beaches etc...for all to enjoy. Not to mention the additional jobs that would be lost and just more houses/hotels built. I don't mind that my taxes go to help fund these as well as maintained roads and bridges.

conklin1 11-23-2012 09:17 AM

Finally!!! Tax dollars well spent.

karate lady 11-23-2012 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Greenheron (Post 5672767)

you are so right.............
Too many believe that if it is on the internet it must be true. What a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

junegerbracht 11-23-2012 01:47 PM

The author probably doesn't think it worthwhile to preserve any art - even the Great Masters. Guess that's his loss