Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Roll Roll, Cotton Boll! Mystery Part 1 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/roll-roll-cotton-boll-mystery-part-1-a-t78117.html)

Candace 12-20-2010 09:17 AM

Though, I think it's different now. I don't see where it can be instantly downloaded. It looks like I'd have to order the CD. Which isn't a bad thing, so I always have it. But, I'd have to wait for it to come to do my hst for this project. Oh well. I'll research more, but will order it today.

Edit**There's a new version 3.0 available! And guess what, it's at Connecting Threads.

JeanieG 12-20-2010 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
Anyone know of a site where I can download 1.5" finsihed HST paper? I found this site www.quiltingandwhatnot.ca/pdf_files/oneonehalfinfinhst.pdf and they are completely off and wonky when I print them out. I prefer to do them on paper for accuracy and speed. I really want to avoid having to buy thangles for this.

I've finished 100 of these using the Easy Angle Ruler as Bonnie's suggested. The squares come out 2". They will be 1 1/2" when sewn into the quilt. I thought these went together rather fast, and they are accurate with the Easy Angle. I just cut some when I had a few minutes. I chain sewed the 100 in no time at all last night. I'm running out of neutrals, guess I'll have to go to the fabric store today.

Candace 12-20-2010 10:02 AM

Woohoo, I just ordered the software. I don't like using the ruler and messing with bias edges. When I started paper piecing these it, I saw how much more precise and fast they were. I don't think I could ever go back! Now that I'm armed with software I guess I can sell my thangles;>

omak 12-20-2010 10:14 AM

Woohoo, I just ordered the software. I don't like using the ruler and messing with bias edges. When I started paper piecing these it, I saw how much more precise and fast they were. I don't think I could ever go back! Now that I'm armed with software I guess I can sell my thangles;>

These grids are also very useful for teaching new machine users. They get to practice and produce something at the same time. And! Have you ever checked out the number of patterns that use HSTs? <wave> (rhetorical question <g> suffice it to say: There are a LOT! <wave>

Candace 12-20-2010 10:22 AM

Thank you, thank you Omak. I love this board:>

omak 12-20-2010 11:59 AM

Thank you, thank you Omak. I love this board:>

DITTOES! <wave>

Sadiemae 12-20-2010 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
600 HST (dog ears trimmed)
Ready for Christmas Eve! I really wonder what is next...

600 HST
[ATTACH=CONFIG]146024[/ATTACH]

omak 12-20-2010 04:15 PM

Sadie Mae needs a prize for being the FIRST!
Congratulations :!: :!: :!: <wave>

Sadiemae 12-20-2010 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by omak

You are so cute! I am just determined that this will not be another UFO.

hspirit_99 12-20-2010 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by omak

i think you are right. i havent even started. i will probably start this weekend. hope i have enough of all the materials i need for it. may change some of the colors.