Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Roll Roll, Cotton Boll! Mystery Part 1 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/roll-roll-cotton-boll-mystery-part-1-a-t78117.html)

meemersmom 12-03-2010 07:19 AM

Go to quiltville.com. Scroll down until you see the Christmas mystery. Just below that is a note about checking her Blog for Part 3. The word Blog is in blue, so it is a link. It will take you straight to the blog and Part 3.

Originally Posted by omak

Originally Posted by hcarpanini
Part 3 is up! Oh my, this one is a doooooozy! See you in the spring, this will take awhile.

I didn't find part 3 from either the first web address or by going to part 2. Could you help by posting where we can find Part 3? <wave>

omak 12-03-2010 07:21 AM

Oh! I already got that part yesterday by one of the posters on this thread.
I thought Part 3 of the Cotton Boll mystery had been posted.
(My brain must be getting weaker) <wave>

meemersmom 12-03-2010 07:22 AM

That's where it is. And, to quote an earlier poster, it really is a doozy!!

omak 12-03-2010 08:04 AM

I FOUND it!
and, a visual sample ALWAYS clears up a lot of misperception!
I have a LOT of that kind of stuff ... I probably won't have to cut anything, cuz I have been doing this sort of thing with fabrics just like that for a LONG time! Cool! <wave>
I'm not sure I am going to cut up the paper thing, though - - If I have to cut something, I might as well use up sheets that are too thin for anything else - - and, I won't have to tear the paper off later. FUN!

meemersmom 12-03-2010 08:10 AM

I'm not sure I am going to cut up the paper thing, though - - If I have to cut something, I might as well use up sheets that are too thin for anything else - - and, I won't have to tear the paper off later. FUN!

Great idea! I didn't even think of that. I have some old muslin I have been saving for just such an occasion. Now...if only I can remember where I put it...

Love your avatar, btw. Do you have a larger picture of your quilt?

omak 12-03-2010 08:26 AM

There is a larger picture of the quilt, I believe on the AVATAR thread and also in my bunkhouse - - Omak's Bunkhouse - - in the PDA section. <wave>

Sadiemae 12-03-2010 11:50 PM

5 down, 55 to go. This will take awhile!

hcarpanini 12-04-2010 07:18 AM

What are you using for foundation? I had a light bulb moment and am using Christmas wrapping paper that I cut into larger squares. I will trim when finished. One down.....

meemersmom 12-04-2010 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by hcarpanini
What are you using for foundation? I had a light bulb moment and am using Christmas wrapping paper that I cut into larger squares. I will trim when finished. One down.....

OMAK mentioned using a thin sheet. I liked that idea so much I scrounged in my stash and found I have some thin muslin, so I will use that. No tearing of paper foundations that way.

JeanieG 12-04-2010 09:48 AM

I had a couple of those scribble pads that I got for my grandkids to draw on. I cut those down to size, got my strips ready to start sewing today.