Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   two dollar a yard fabric stores (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/two-dollar-yard-fabric-stores-t67145.html)

twistedsheets 09-27-2010 05:31 PM

My D/D reminded me when Mom was alive we would go to a store called two dollar a yard fabric store. It no longer is in business near me ,but they have a store in the San Francisco area stiill. I found if you search (two dollar fabric store) and (two dollar a yard fabric store) that they are in quite a few states. I will warn you they do not sell on line, so be prepared to go to a store near you. They used to sell 100% cotton and pillow panels and such when we went to ours,also muslin. I do not drive far these days, so I will have to wait to see what San Fran has to offer when hubby does family reunion Xmas party in Dec. Give them a google and see if there is one near you. You might find a real bargain!!

cjomomma 09-27-2010 05:36 PM

Great info. Thank you.

littlehud 09-27-2010 06:07 PM

Wow, thanks for the heads up.

twistedsheets 09-27-2010 06:40 PM

Your welcome! I thanked my daughter for her memory, too!I wish she would forget my Budweiser boogie woogie oogie days!!

CarrieAnne 09-27-2010 07:27 PM

Thank you!

quiltinghere 09-28-2010 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by twistedsheets
Your welcome! I thanked my daughter for her memory, too!I wish she would forget my Budweiser boogie woogie oogie days!!

Does she have VIDEO of it? Maybe she can put it on YOUTUBE and you can become an overnight celebrity! LOL

twistedsheets 09-28-2010 04:21 AM

Fortunately no. Tho I am sure there are a few stores that did at the time. I quit drinking WELL over 10 yrs ago. Now she tells me she misses that I don't care , too bad am I embarassing you to be seen with me attitude I had back then.I could get kind of freaky when I drank a beer. Mixed drinks I was fine. A beer I turned into a freak I guess, and capable of some strange things to make people think I was pretty insane I guess!

craftiladi 09-28-2010 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by twistedsheets

LOL, isn't funny how the kids always remember the stuff you wish they would forget? I remember those $2.00 stores, thanks for the reminder.

Lormito 09-28-2010 08:40 AM

In Auburn, Massachusetts there is a new "The $1.99 Fabric Store" and every time I go there, they have more and more. They now have patterns, notions, trims and all kinds of fabric. I feel like I died and went to heaven. They are on Facebook with lots of pictures. Anyone within driving distance should plan on a day trip. It is well worth the drive. Luckily, I only have to drive about 15 min.

penski 09-28-2010 05:59 PM

thank you, im going to look and see if i can find one