Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Utility or Art? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/utility-art-t199982.html)

Nantie 09-10-2012 04:22 PM

OMG that entire vidcast was awesome.....i would love to have had the opportunity to by the one they discussed the price over........incredible..they need to make a pattern book they would surely make a fortune .. in my opinion

leatheflea 09-10-2012 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Nantie (Post 5505199)
OMG that entire vidcast was awesome.....i would love to have had the opportunity to by the one they discussed the price over........incredible..they need to make a pattern book they would surely make a fortune .. in my opinion

You read my mind! I would love to have one. Not so sure bout making one , looks time consuming.

Grandma Mary 09-10-2012 05:52 PM

I had the awesome experience of watching these two tent makers at the AQS show here in Grand Rapids, MI last month. It's amazing to watch them work so quickly. They just sat on some benches with their fabric all around them, and stitched away like crazy!
Although the YouTube pics were beautiful, they don't do them justice. You have to see them in real life...heavenly! They sold every single one of their quilts on display during that week. Thanks for sharing the video!:thumbup:

Mariposa 09-10-2012 06:09 PM

Neat video! Amazing what they can do, and how fast! :)

DogHouseMom 09-10-2012 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma Mary (Post 5505434)
I had the awesome experience of watching these two tent makers at the AQS show here in Grand Rapids, MI last month. It's amazing to watch them work so quickly. They just sat on some benches with their fabric all around them, and stitched away like crazy!
Although the YouTube pics were beautiful, they don't do them justice. You have to see them in real life...heavenly! They sold every single one of their quilts on display during that week. Thanks for sharing the video!:thumbup:

I was unable to make it to the Grand Rapids show, so I'm going to DesMoines for the express purpose of seeing these guys, and hopefully coming home with one of their masterpieces!! Hubby said buy so ... I'll BUY!!

Crqltr 09-10-2012 06:41 PM

I also the quilts in grand rapids, wow! Unbelievable work !

Sharbank 09-10-2012 07:04 PM

Oh my, what beautiful pieces and the history behind the art was fascinating. Thanks so much for the link. I was glad to see their techniques and the speed of the hand sewing was amazing.

earthwalker 09-10-2012 08:39 PM

Thanks for sharing with us. Incredible, beautiful and they are so fast.....hope they sell all they can produce, 'bout time they were paid a fair amount for their craft.

Bluelady 09-10-2012 08:55 PM

WOW. that is amazing! His fingers just flew as he was sewing! such beautiful work . They arent paid enough for that!@

BETTY62 09-10-2012 09:33 PM

Thank you so much for sharing ths info with us. It was really interesting and enjoyable.