Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Warm & Natural batting no longer to be sold at JoAnns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/warm-natural-batting-no-longer-sold-joanns-t303361.html)

NZquilter 03-05-2019 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by carolynjo (Post 8220520)
After I learned of HL's policy of not including birth control products in their insurance coverage, I no longer shop at HL.

I love HL and shop there over JoAnns.

bkay 03-05-2019 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana (Post 8219591)
Oh no! I loved using the 50% off coupon. It made quilting so much more affordable.

I've found that items purchased at JoAnn's with a coupon are the same price without a coupon at Walmart. The problem is that Walmart doesn't usually have much variety in stock. You almost have to order it from their website if you are picky about sizes or if you want warm and white. The bright side of that is they usually deliver it to your local store (neighborhood markets included) at no charge.

bkay

klswift 03-05-2019 08:50 AM

Absolutely no one at Joanns, as of yesterday, knows anything about this. And, when we change vendors, this is usually not the way it is handled. I think someone is pulling a prank on folks with that letter.

klswift 03-05-2019 08:55 AM

I know of no item that is permanently marked at 10% off. We do run lots of sales at 30% and 40% and yes, your regular coupons are not able to be used. But, we also run the additional use coupons on the app that can be used on sale items. The thing that often puzzles me are the customers that have a 40% off coupon and the item they are buying is on sale at 40% off and yet, they complain that they can not use their coupon ?????????and this happens weekly! Use your coupon to buy something you either normally don't buy but would like to try or a staple such as thread, glue, ribbon, etc.

NZquilter 03-05-2019 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly (Post 8220646)
I always do the math before I buy and I've often found that Walmarts regular price is cheaper than using coupons at JoAnns, unless it's a big coupon like the rare ones that give a big percent off sale prices. Besides, having items shipped to my closest store(2 miles away) or straight to my house sure beats the 30-40 minute drive to JoAnns. I also love Hobby Lobby, don't care about their politics.

Cari

I agree about Walmart online. And I don't mind paying a $2 extra for it to be shipped to my house instead of free pickup. It's been ages since I actually shopped at JoAnns.

tuckyquilter 03-05-2019 04:23 PM

Batting was about the only thing I bought there. And everytime I had a coupon for a good % off, the batting was "on sale" so the coupon didn't apply.

overstock.com is where I buy my batting. They have a lot of it. Craftsy or whatever they call it now also has great prices on Hobbs batting. I use 80/20. I get emails and when they offer a good % off w/free shipping I order.

grannie cheechee 03-05-2019 06:01 PM

The last time I was at JoAnn's I didn't see any pkg'd W & N. They had it on the roll, but only in white. I've been going to Hobby Lobby for my quilting supplies. I like their clerks' sense of humor when I go with my DH. He is known to ring the bell on the counter like some little kid would. They will laugh and tease with him. LOL

willferg 03-06-2019 06:41 PM

I always buy batting through Walmart's website. Excellent prices, every time.

Jordan 03-07-2019 12:15 PM

That is very interesting. I wonder why they will not distribute to JoAnn's any longer??!! That is the place I buy my W&N with a coupon and I feel I get a good bargain.

judykay 03-07-2019 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by klswift (Post 8220592)
Absolutely no one at Joanns, as of yesterday, knows anything about this. And, when we change vendors, this is usually not the way it is handled. I think someone is pulling a prank on folks with that letter.

My information came directly from Warm and Natural after I contacted them because I had read somewhere that they were no longer going to carry W&N batting. The sales associates usually don't get told anything.