Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
QAYG sashing rulers. >

QAYG sashing rulers.

QAYG sashing rulers.

Old 11-17-2018, 09:07 AM
Power Poster

Default QAYG sashing rulers.

I've been eyeing these at the LQS. The shop had a 50% sale and I got them. Anyone have them? I really didn't understand the concept as I had never seen them before. I got the QAYG Handbook too for 50% off. Both are by Pauline Rogers from Australia. I watched the video and tried a few of the rulers. They are great. I made purse handles in a flash and they are straight and perfect. LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUSojGmAkXI
Old 11-17-2018, 11:32 AM
Power Poster

oh that is a weird ruler. i didn't watch it all because the sound was so low. i tried everything and it stayed the same. never had that happen before.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:16 PM
Power Poster

The large one she is using is just for demo only. The actual rulers are about 3 inches and smaller. I tried the two color sashing and it worked perfectly. I'm doing the cornerstone sashing now. So far excellent.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62N-4euLUJU
try this one native, maybe it will work? there is just background music for the demo part
Basically they are the same idea as making bias, running it through the silver horn like bias maker dealies.
The bigger rulers makes wider strips is the idea I get from the video, does that sound right Onebyone?.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:22 PM
Power Poster

well the second link worked well. music only but could be heard better. that is more binding to me than sashing. interesting though! thanks.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:43 PM

I found a poster on a facebook group that said the 2 1/2 one is perfect for the jelly roll rug. She said the Katahdin batting strips fit right in and the fabric edges were turned to the middle in seconds. I haven't tried it yet but I will. I won the set of rulers as door prize and had no good idea what they were for. I guess I need to order the book. LOL
Old 11-17-2018, 04:49 PM
Power Poster

Oh I didn't think about the jelly roll rug strips. That will be a great time saver. Use the 2 1/2" one to fold the fabric edges in the middle and then the 1 1/4" one to turn it again. I'll have to give this a try.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

Can you please post the name of the rulers and the name of the book as I can't seem to catch it on the video. The sound is to low for me too. I turned up my speakers and it didn't help. I'm wanting to buy them. Thanks for any help.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Can you please post the name of the rulers and the name of the book as I can't seem to catch it on the video. The sound is to low for me too. I turned up my speakers and it didn't help. I'm wanting to buy them. Thanks for any help.
Yes , please post if you can . Even with my hearing aids , I can't hear the video . And I want to try the method .
Old 11-19-2018, 06:02 AM
Power Poster

http://pqw.com.au/

Pauline Rogers Pauline's Quilters World is the name of her website. It's in Australia.
Here are her videos that have better sound:
http://pqw.com.au/paulines-quilt-room/

She had a booth in Houston Quilt Festival this last month demoing her rulers. Anyone that went to the show see her? Much cheaper to be able to buy them here. Australian prices with shipping will give you sticker shock if you aren't familiar with them. LOL

Last edited by Onebyone; 11-19-2018 at 06:12 AM.