Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Quilt Calculator >

Quilt Calculator

Quilt Calculator

Old 11-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Power Poster

Robert Kaufmann has a free quilting calculator app for Iphone, Ipad, and ITouch. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quilt...390366459?mt=8
Old 11-19-2010, 11:08 AM
bj

Now if I just had one of those devices I'd be in business. My dh, son, and dil all have the iphones. They keep telling me to get one, but everytime I try to use dh's I hang up on people or exit the app. I don't even know how to answer it. My 5 yo grandson told me not to worry, he'd show me how to use it. He's figured out how to order netflix movies on his mom's. They are getting some strange movies, but mostly for kids, so far.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by bj
Now if I just had one of those devices I'd be in business. My dh, son, and dil all have the iphones. They keep telling me to get one, but everytime I try to use dh's I hang up on people or exit the app. I don't even know how to answer it. My 5 yo grandson told me not to worry, he'd show me how to use it. He's figured out how to order netflix movies on his mom's. They are getting some strange movies, but mostly for kids, so far.
I am with ya BJ. My 3 yr. old GD wants nothing to do with my phone because she can't watch movies or play games. Whenever I try to use my DD's phone the baby tells me :"Nana I will show you" lol
Old 11-19-2010, 11:17 AM
bj

Sad isn't it!
Old 11-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Power Poster

I never thought I'd like the new smart phones but my DD bought me an ITouch and told me to play with it and see just what all I could do with one, no phone plan needed for an ITouch and if you have wireless internet it connects and will connect free to any wireless available. It's amazing. DH and I have the Iphone now. I love being able to have instant access where ever I am. All I have to do is text one of my kids and it's instantly read. I usually text call me. LOL.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:26 AM
bj

I'm not sure I want to be any more accessible. My dh will send me a text from the basement! Really??? You couldn't just come up and ask?
Old 11-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Power Poster

That's funny. DH hollered for me to come to his shop. I went and he asked me something about a text error he was having. I went back to the kitchen and my phone went off. The text he was having trouble with was to me!
He send me texts so he won't forget what he wants to tell me later. I send texts to myself so I won't forget, like where I'm parked in a parking deck.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:51 PM

14 years ago I learned to use our VCR because my 2 yr old grandson could work it and I couldn't. Now that was embarrasing!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:44 PM

Its an iphone app. Not available for ipad but the phone version can be downloaded on the ipad but is small
Old 11-20-2010, 07:41 AM

There are several apps for iPods and iPhones dealing with all kinds of quilting information and solutions and they are free. I use three --Quilt.Fab, gives measurements and sizes, etc., QuiltRef - more instructional info, and EasyQuil - mostly about the different supplies used in quilting. I use all three of them for different things quite a bit. Worth looking into. I am waiting for those for my iPad and hope there they will be free also.