Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Redwork Pattern on ebay >

Redwork Pattern on ebay

Redwork Pattern on ebay

Old 11-23-2011, 08:46 AM
KLO

Default Redwork Pattern on ebay

A while back there was a thread about redwork. Someone was looking for the Crabapple Hill Winter Wonderland pattern. Several others said they wished they could find it also. Well, I just spotted on on ebay in case anyone is still looking for it. That's where I bought mine for what I considered a decent price. As long as there is no bidding war, someone might get a good deal. I have been picking out background fabrics for mine and still have to get the thread for the actual work. Mine will be done in blue.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:08 AM

Default Saw this yesterday

I saw this yesterday at The Hickory Stick Quilt Shop in Hannibal MO. Almost bought it, but don't remember the price.
hickorystickquiltshop.com

Not sure from the message if it's hard to get, or hard to get CHEAP.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:43 AM

I just got that and the Over the River pattern from them (Crabapple Hill) - no problem and had them in 3 days. They look great and appear easy enough for even me to understand!!
Old 11-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Power Poster

The CAH patterns are wonderful! I'd buy them from the company if cannot find locally~~
Old 11-25-2011, 04:32 AM

When I got mine from a LQS (a gift from someone I had invited to a retreat), the store had two suggestions: 1. use a piece of bleached muslin on the back of each redwork square so your threads don't show through, and 2. use DMC #349 which is like a dark tangerine, but when it's stitched out, it looks absolutely red. Also, on some of the more intricate designs, use Sulky Fabric Solvy and your printer to transfer the pattern onto the mesh side, peel off the paper backing and it will stick to your fabric. After stitching, through the two layers of fabric and the mesh Solvy, just soak in cold water and the solvy goes away. Thought I'd just share.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:55 AM

I have sever of the Crabapple Hill patterns - Love them! You can always find them on the Crabapple Hill site. I've done both the Over the River . . . and Winter Wonderland plus some smaller ones. The Winter Wonderland one I stitched in Dark Blue and it was appraised at $3300. The Over the River one I did in browns and creams and stitched in dark brown and haven't had it appraised yet.

Last edited by Kath12; 11-25-2011 at 06:59 AM.