Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Row by row experience for travelers >

Row by row experience for travelers

Row by row experience for travelers

Old 06-23-2015, 07:14 AM
cjr

I did some last year in CA & WA. This year we have traveled through the Gulf states. Both trips i used RXR as a guide to finding quilt shops. I also made it a point of telling them how I found them so shop owner would know the returns on advertizing dollars. It is fun No theme last year.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
Is there an actual printable listing for the provinces (or states) or am I showing my dinosaur thinking?
There is a tab that says "Start Here" http://www.rowbyrowexperience.com/start-here.htm just click on the state or province and it will list all of the shops for that area.

The patterns are all free but you have to go into the shop to get them. I think all of the shops offer pre-made kits. Some of the shops will sell their patterns after the contest finishes Oct. 31. If you want the "fabric plates" most of the shops will sell those online now.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:09 PM

Does anyone know if there is a map with the stores locations? I find going through a list hard and know I will miss a shop or 2 that I would have gone to.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:23 PM

I so wish we had this kind of thing for Australia .
Old 06-24-2015, 07:07 AM

thanks for the reminder. I haven't done the quilts but I collect the patterns and give them to the gals in my guild. I am disappointed that at least for my state, most of the shops have not yet posted a photo of their "row". Oh, well, perhaps they will do so soon.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:31 AM

I did this last year and it was a blast! We happened to be traveling and I collected lots of rows. It's so nice to meet new quilters and feed off their enthusiasm. Everyone is so nice. I spent three weeks constantly sewing and quilting and binding and making the label and actually found a shop in my area that didn't have a winner yet. I won a very modern bundle of fat quarters. If you love all things water (2015 theme), then this year's Row by Row Experience is for you!
Old 06-24-2015, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Jannie View Post
Does anyone know if there is a map with the stores locations? I find going through a list hard and know I will miss a shop or 2 that I would have gone to.
If you go to this link (http://www.rowbyrowexperience.com/start-here.htm) and click on the license plate for the state/province, there is a list with the shop locations for that state/province. Also, there is a Google map, but it doesn't seem that helpful (https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...0.kXcENBhc_0RI). Each state or province also has a Facebook page showing what the row for each store looks like. I looked up NV (where I live) to see what they look like. So far, I like the one from Christmas Goose (it's near where I live) the best, though I saw a couple of others that I like.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:00 PM

I've got my second plate today. My goal is to get all those in South Dakota, and it's doable because there are only 16 and the are sort of concentrated on both ends of the state.

I'm not participating in the contest - and will only buy the rows if I really like them.

Because of my work schedule, DH and I do most of our out of state traveling April and October, so not the right time to have a lot of fun with this.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by caspharm View Post
If you go to this link (http://www.rowbyrowexperience.com/start-here.htm) and click on the license plate for the state/province, there is a list with the shop locations for that state/province. Also, there is a Google map, but it doesn't seem that helpful (https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...0.kXcENBhc_0RI). Each state or province also has a Facebook page showing what the row for each store looks like. I looked up NV (where I live) to see what they look like. So far, I like the one from Christmas Goose (it's near where I live) the best, though I saw a couple of others that I like.
Thanks. that is exactly what I am looking for. I find it useful to see where the shops are so I can plan travel plans around the stores.
Old 06-24-2015, 07:25 PM

I got my first 4 row blocks today and what fun it was since they are going to sell the license on the internet I think it will be ok to tell you this but the neatest license is from Thimbalinas in Livingston Mt. it said I sew he fishes but remember I have only been to 4