Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
someone give this machine a home >

someone give this machine a home

someone give this machine a home

Old 01-24-2014, 09:07 PM

Default someone give this machine a home

Just got off a website: shopgoodwill.com They are listing a 1952 Featherweight for $19.95 with no one bidding in Tacoma, WA. Bidding is open till February 2, I think. Machine looks like it's in good condition & I'd be on it in a heartbeat but it has to be picked up & I live in the Midwest. Soo would like another one, I love the one I have but I have a big heart for sewing machines. Someone give this baby a forever home.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:46 PM

I really feel sad now because they won't ship. I hope someone would buy it soon from the board ):
Old 01-24-2014, 11:01 PM

I wouldn't worry about this machine. This will go for a lot more in due course, it's just too far from the auction end date to garner more attention.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Charming View Post
I really feel sad now because they won't ship. I hope someone would buy it soon from the board ):
I see a lot of items on the Goodwill site that must be picked up. I understand not shipping a chest of drawers, but a sewing machine?

Surely somenoe at the Tacoma site must realize there would be interest in a featherweight.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:17 AM

Goodwill it's self may not ship the machine but it can be done using the closest UPStore. They will go pick it up, package it, and ship it to you. All done for a fee but if the winning bid is low enough it can be done very reasonably. However this being a FW, reasonable doesn't come in play.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:25 PM

Well, it's up to $96 now with 8 days to go!
Old 01-26-2014, 04:38 AM

Hi sassasews2 -Oddly enough, I will be in Tacoma next weekend visiting my daughter in college. I d not need another machine (at all!) but I would love to see this one - when I look on the shop goodwill.com website, the only one that comes up is a more recent Singer for $21. Can you point me to the listing?

Nevermind - just found it - it's now up to $101 :/

Last edited by ezug; 01-26-2014 at 04:41 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:50 PM

I love this site - I usually only check the location in Hillsboro, OR since I can pick up from there. I have purchased once from another location and had to have it shipped - it was some AccuCut dies and they were just put into a toilet paper box and shipped without any other stuffing - the box was a wreck - thank goodness the dies were solid and not easily damaged! I would never order if they were going to ship!
Old 01-27-2014, 09:24 AM

I have ordered 3 different machines and the packers do NOT know what they are doing. All 3 were damaged in shipping. Someone forced the lid down on a feather weight. Broke off the spool holder after jamming it thought the top of the box. Am now in the process of sending them back where they came from....