Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
square in a square -- new method >

square in a square -- new method

square in a square -- new method

Old 08-26-2009, 10:38 PM
joy

I can't get into it either.... could someone please give me an idea of what it is all about... I would appreciate that.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:37 AM

try copying and pasting the link into your address bar instead of clicking on the link. Should work. This one is hard to explain without pictures! :D
Old 08-27-2009, 08:27 AM

i'm really sorry about this. still trying to work this out with a good explanation. a posting will appear as soon as possible.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:22 AM

i'm reposting. look for

PATRICE"S BETTER METHOD

IT WILL BE IN TUTORIALS.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:33 AM

While looking for something else, I ran across this! What a great link!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I've bookmarked the page.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:03 PM

i have to say, i am amazed that anyone still found it! :lol:

but i've used the method a few times and it works every time. i also use another even easier method. i'm trying to remember what i called it.

if you search square in a square you'll find it - or search my listings. the other method eliminates the taping on the board. also you don't have to mark up your mat.

eh! they're both easy! why bother?
Old 07-20-2010, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Grammy o'5
While looking for something else, I ran across this! What a great link!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I've bookmarked the page.
do you know that if you bookmark something and they remove the site or remove that item from the site, you lose it? i learned that the hard way. i lost half of a mystery. if you try the link, you get an error message.

now my dil is coming this weekend to teach me how to move everything from bookmarks to word, which is FOREVER. then, just to clean out my long, long list of sites and patterns, she's teaching me to burn it all onto discs. then i can store it by category. one disc for patterns, one for websites, one for machine info, etc. discs are so cheap and it make life so much easier that way. i could pop in what i need and do an alphabetized search, then pop! back in the case.

for a while they removed the contents of this link. that's why i mentioned this. nobody could find it. if you tried to open it from bookmarks, you got a blank screen. after about a week, it was back. someone must have complained or something. but none of us could get it. we all got the site, but not the tutorial.
that's one of the things i want to put in storage.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:00 PM

Thanks for the info. Another way to save bookmarked pages is to try to see if you can print it as a .pdf, then save the pdf where you want. That usually includes the pictures on the page.

Just open the page you want, click somewhere on the page, then press CTRL P, you might be able to print the page as a .pdf, (on mine it is "Print to File" - instead of choosing the printer you want it to go to) then in the print dialog box you should be able to browse to where you want to save the .pdf on your computer. You can temporarily save it on your desktop. Guess I better do that myself too. I also need to back up stuff on my computer, I have a ton of patterns, pictures of blocks for ideas, not to mention photos of the family. Thanks for the reminder. ;)

BTW - I was searching for the ruler method, I guess it was the word "method" that brought me to your page. :thumbup: :wink:
Old 07-20-2010, 07:13 PM

that's the way i used to do it when i had windows. i now use a mac and i can't get the hang of it. since no one has it, i can't get any help without taking lessons or buying the book, so i'll wait for ddil.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:19 PM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-24707-1.htm

that's the other link.