Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
The state blocks >

The state blocks

The state blocks

Old 09-13-2010, 06:19 PM

Thank you!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
That's it!! That's the book I'm looking for!! Oh thank you-I was starting to think I imagined it. It must have been in an email ad that I got and deleted. I can't believe you found it.

I'm going to check some sites (this one says out of stock) and order it before I "misplace" this info again.

Thank you so much!!

Jan, did you see my link for those same blocks free with color and instruction?
Old 09-14-2010, 04:35 AM

Thanks again, Rosy. I bookmarked the site and I'll start downloading them a few at a time. I'm still making templates for the FWS-up to block 70. I've never been into sampler quilts but these 2 are great. I'm not sure how I'll put together 2 quilts with all these blocks. Sure hope I don't end up with 200 potholders LOL!!

Thanks again for all your help. I searched different sites but never came up with one with all the blocks in one place like you did.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:47 PM

And here is another source at Dover Publication

http://store.doverpublications.com/0486232433.html

This book has been around for a while and I think I donated mind to the library when I was getting rid of some books lol...
Old 09-14-2010, 05:55 PM

You're welcome Jan. Here is a tip or erratta. When I have to do a lot of one thing like templates (very few lol) or cut hundreds of strips for a project (log cabin). I never do a bunch, because, very likely, like you mentioned, they might become pot holders lol.

I find I loose interest in some things. So I always just cut for a few...two or three templates, make those and then see if I want to go on. Same with the strips, I cut for a few and this way I am not looking at alllllll those strips to be sewed.

This way I don't waste a lot of fabric and time. With My DEar Jane's and FW, I did loose interest but the few I did make, found themselves into a quilt with other blocks I had made long ago, so no waste there and I had just cut for the one I did, one at a time lol.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:27 PM

I have about twenty five of the blocks completed in the Covering America book. I checked with the site you mentioned because I am having a problem with the Maine block but the block on the site is not the same block in the book. I am making two of each block so I can have two quilts to give to my daughters-in-law for Christmas. These are not easy blocks. I completed 111 of the Farmer's Wife Quilt for my daughter for last Christmas but the Covering America blocks seem to be harder. I know this is an old thread but I thought I would add my two cents. Thanks,