Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Strangest fabric shop I've ever seen >

Strangest fabric shop I've ever seen

Strangest fabric shop I've ever seen

Old 09-24-2014, 10:38 AM

Oh how I love A&E Pharmacy! I never have enough time in that store! I might plan a trip over that way soon, it's soooo much fun! The people are so very nice too! I usually buy a lot of 1/2 yards to get a nice selection of really cool fabrics. Have fun!
PS. Still looking for a nice place to stay for a few days in Pensacola, any suggestions?
Old 09-24-2014, 10:56 AM

Sounds like a heavenly store. Only three hours from where I am. I'll have to talk DD into a day trip soon.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:18 PM

It sounds similar to the Ace Hardware in St George, Utah. You walk in and it's hardware and hunting supplies (there is not even a mention of fabric on the front), then you turn right and go up some stairs and about a 1/3 of the store is actually a fabric store - shades of the old general stores.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:11 PM

I have been to both places. The people at Martelli Enterprises were very helpful and nice. And A&E - well, they sell appliances, prescriptions, crafts, other variety items, but most of all they have a very large selection of fabric. If you are ever in Pensacola, this is a must stop for fabric shopping.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by oh munner View Post
That's funny!
Oh, I know how you felt. The first time my friend and I went, we just stood there in ah. We wandered around for a couple of hours. Decided we needed food, then went back and shopped for hours. Spent way too money, but found some get fabrics at great prices.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by sweet View Post
Oh how I love A&E Pharmacy! I never have enough time in that store! I might plan a trip over that way soon, it's soooo much fun! The people are so very nice too! I usually buy a lot of 1/2 yards to get a nice selection of really cool fabrics. Have fun!
PS. Still looking for a nice place to stay for a few days in Pensacola, any suggestions?
Sweet, even though I live here, my family stays at the beach. Pensacola beach is about 10-12 miles from A&E. It's a great time of the year to visit. They stay at the Hampton Inn or the Hilton on the beach.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:08 AM

DH and I went there last year after I read a Bonnie Hunter post about A&E. They had a great collection of light fabrics through out the store. Really enjoyed their helpfulness in helping me find some particular colors.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
It's our hidden gem for sure! When I took a friend there for the first time, we were there for over 3 hours. At one point she said, "This must be what crack feels like." A terrific store.
lol,I need a fix
Old 10-12-2014, 04:30 AM

Went for the first time yesterday and OMG I was just overwhelmed. Yes, that must be what crack feels like! Everyone was so nice and helpful AND there is a long arm quilter set up in the back. She doesn't work for the store, but has her own little business set up back there. She was very friendly and encouraging to me. I WILL go back very soon. Very, very, soon!