Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Struggles with Stripes >

Struggles with Stripes

Struggles with Stripes

Old 09-15-2014, 05:52 PM

Well, I hate block borders. Uhm, I have to rephrase this. I no longer hate block borders now that I have seen your striped border! Seeing yours shows stripes as such an obvious choice for border; one most of us have missed seeing until you sharing your quilt. Did you already add a brown outside border? I don't think I would; let the stripes stand on their own. Beautiful quilt!
Old 09-15-2014, 07:41 PM

I think the stripes work surprisingly well with the big and little dots. My vote for the binding would be a pale yellow.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:27 AM

Just looked at the Bad Ass website -- gorgeous eye candy!!!! Great examples of stripe use.

Quilt-top looks great, Krystyna. Especially on the brown couch. Two of my favorite colors combined. If your house is anything like mine, no one will notice the "oops" since rarely will it be folded up and put back on the back of the couch. Gave up being upset with my lazy users but rather pleased that it's being used.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:44 AM

I thought it was very interesting! Thanks for sharing
Old 09-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Swap Hosts

Thanks for the encouragement. Despite my inclination to pretend the error isn't there, I will eventually rip it out. The only problem is that it's something I'd do while watching television -- which means you're not really watching, but glancing every now and then and listening. Unfortunately, my latest television programming obsession is a Korean Drama/Soap Opera which is in Korean with subtitles. So ... the ripping will have to wait.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:31 AM
Power Poster

well, I like stripes, and we all "borrow" ideas from time to time, so I bookmarked
it for further examination.
I also don't have too much problem with those that "shoot straight from the hip",
lol...it's not about me,...married into a family full of them and it was in the gene
pool when I had kids.
I did have to laugh when dogsgod said, geesh, why don't you tell us what you
really think! Except for me, and one granddaughter who are "shy", the rest
of them?...they just blow away
Old 09-24-2014, 03:43 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for posting both your quilt and the article. Your quilt is very pretty and the article opened my eyes to something i never thought about before. I dont think I have ever used stripes before but now I want to try. The stripes made some of the quilts in the article really pop. Sometimes we get in a rut and need articles like this to pull us out.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:45 AM
Swap Hosts

Zennia, I seriously think I am going to intentionally use more stripes. Should be fun!
Old 10-22-2014, 07:15 PM

I am sorry you feel that way, I went to the site and was very impressed with it to the point that I had to see the whole thing and loved every moment of it and I learned a lot. I added it to my favorites to see it again and again because I plan to use strip fabric and will have this site to teach me with the fabric I buy and put it in my next quilt!
Old 10-23-2014, 04:01 AM

I LOVE how you did the stripes!