Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
TAKE A LOOK DIFFERENT FREEBIE >

TAKE A LOOK DIFFERENT FREEBIE

TAKE A LOOK DIFFERENT FREEBIE

Old 12-04-2008, 06:04 AM

At first reading this does not seem like it is for Quilting but read on, It is! :D
Okay, this is different freebie. Here is a site named Giveaway of the day. When you sign up every day they send you some time of free download for your PC. Some are great some are so-so and some just plain yuk, but they are all free and you choose what download you want. Today''s download is awesome. It is a paint/animation program. Now there is not much I am knowledgeable about most of the program, but one part of it is great for Quilting.
A lot of paint/photo programs do this but none that I have seen do it as well as this one. You can take your picture and make it digital (or called something like that) and then it will be little squares (boxes) so you can make your quilt. Go to this page and look at the kid with the soccer ball. Then scroll down until you see the same pic re-done with the boxes. http://dogwaffle.info/dogwaffle/art/...ion/index.html How great is that. I tried it with one of my pics of my dog and it is awesome. Took me a good part of this morning to figure it out but it was worth it and maybe I will go ahead and learn more about the program. The site that the free program comes from has some tutorials also to help learn the program Looks like fun. FREE FUN! Anyway if you are interested here is the site for the free download. And you can sign up where they send you a freebie everyday. Oh, and if you are thinking of starting a web-site or you have one there are a lot of applications that you can use for your site with todays freebie.
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/
Old 12-04-2008, 06:58 AM

Ok I just went to try to download it and it says I can't. says something about not available for download, installation or sale to the US or any of it's Territories.
HUH???

edited....ok, I scrolled down a bit and found a download link there. The other link I clicked on asked for country
Old 12-04-2008, 07:08 AM

Terri go to the giveaway of the day link and it should work fine. Mine knew I was in the US and let me have it. My computer on the other hand is having an evil day and said no, but it does that pretty often.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:23 AM

I love cute programs! Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-04-2008, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Ok I just went to try to download it and it says I can't. says something about not available for download, installation or sale to the US or any of it's Territories.
HUH???

edited....ok, I scrolled down a bit and found a download link there. The other link I clicked on asked for country
Yeah, you have to download from the Giveaway of the day site. So did you get it okay now?