Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: thread sale

thread sale

Metro is having a sale on their 5000 meter big spools for $2.25....I always use their thread and placed a much larger order than I had intended, but can't resist the price!
    https://metroemb.com

I just went to that site and it shows to be 3.99. They also have Glide thread which I have used before and I just love; I have never used the metro. How does it compare to Glide? Thanks for info.

Up at the top of the screen, hover over "thread", a drop down screen will drop down, click on "ELO"...it is the same as metro pro thread. I can't tell the difference between glide and metro thread...they usually ship the same day...order a spool and see how you feel about it. Metro is kind of odd about it's sales..they don't announce them in an email, or give you an end date for a sale..it's hit or miss if you get a sale or not. I usually check their site every week or so till I find a sale, then order.

Blog Entries
    the sale is still on as of a few minutes ago.
    how do i know?

ask my credit card company. lol lol lol
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

for Newsletter or Digest issues, please contact [email protected]

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]

I know the feeling but I'm set for thread for a while(grin !!) Can't beat the price, and they have such a good assortment of colors.

I, too went to the Metro site and noticed that carry Glide. I’ve heard it’s a great thread - unfortunately the colors I need are out of,stock in both sizes. But I’ll make a note and come back at a later date. I’ve never used Metro thread but I have friends who used it and they liked it a lot.

They do have great prices. Thank you for letting us know.

The sale is still on! But choices are limited. Price is good but shipping is pricey. Still, with the price of the thread it's a good price overall. Shipping is fast though; I ordered last night and it shipped this morning. I guess I'm a thread junkie because I don't really need any thread from them considering I have some of theirs and haven't used it in years. Plus I'm saving for the quilt show in Kansas City and Superior Thread!!! Did I mention I must be a thread junkie?
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-20-2019 at 11:15 AM.
    Jan

I live in N.Y. state, they are in Texas..I ordered 21 pounds of thread and shipping was $6.95...can't get any better than that...there is a drop down menu when you check out to select various prices/carriers...look for it...you don't need the pricier options....you are right about how fast they ship...

Donna13350.... Yes, I used the drop down and my choices were all over and some well over, $10. But as I said, it still came out to about $4 per 5000 yards cone; so I'm not too upset. Now to see if I like this brand. It is different from the one that I have by them.
    Jan

Donna, when you first posted this I went to order but the shipping was really high so I didn't. I really want to try this thread. Maybe I'll go back and have another go.
    When you break it down to $4.00 per 5000 yd cone that doesn't sound bad at all.