Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Threads Magazine...Do You Subscribe? >

Threads Magazine...Do You Subscribe?

Threads Magazine...Do You Subscribe?

Old 01-11-2021, 05:46 PM

Default Threads Magazine...Do You Subscribe?

I'm so old school. I still love magazines, paper and all. I subscribe to FINE GARDENING, which I love, and I see that they also publish THREADS. I'm curious if it is as high quality as FINE GARDENING. Do you subscribe?
Old 01-12-2021, 04:41 AM

I do not subscribe but have purchases issues from time to time. Yes it is high quality. It covers lots of sewing techniques.
Old 01-12-2021, 06:28 AM

I used to subscribe but have let most of my magazines go. Threads however is one I miss. It is a wonderful resource with great articles.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:00 AM

I no longer subscribe to any magazines. Once in a while I will pick one up at a drug store.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:10 PM

Years ago when I was doing garment sewing I subscribed to Threads. I don't subscribe to any magazines now except for a subscription to Quilter's World that I was given for Christmas. Threads used to showcase couture and tailoring techniques, and not quilting at all. *** However, that only applies to in the past. *** Don't know what they are including now.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:24 AM

I still subscribe to Threads and have been a reader for nearly 30 years. I find that the main focus is garment sewing still, but they do a lot of technique articles and occasional quilt-related or home decor projects. The instructions are usually very good and the illustrations are helpful. My feeling is that the garments are sometimes a bit dowdy or the taste is not appealing to me, personally. I still consider it a valuable publication & it’s one of just two magazines I subscribe to. You might want to pick up a news stand copy and get a better idea of how interesting it is for you.