Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Website for Featherweights on Sale >

Website for Featherweights on Sale

Website for Featherweights on Sale

Old 07-30-2016, 12:26 PM
mac

Default Website for Featherweights on Sale

Hi All,

Here is a website that I have subscribed to for years. It lets you know what Featherweights are for sale on EBay and what they are going for. You can sort by:

Most Watched
High Bid
Ending Soon
Completed

They show the picture of the machines and if you move your cursor over the picture it will give you information on that machine. If you click on the picture it takes you to the EBay site where it is located.

I find it useful in knowing how much my Featherweight is going for and actually bought my first Featherweight using this resource. I also find it interesting on how Featherweight prices fluctuate. So if you are looking for a FW, this is the place to keep tabs on. They send out a listing every Friday, without fail.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:30 PM
mac

PS: This place is called Collector's Weekly and has a lot of other things that people collect. It is a fascinating website.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:31 PM
mac

Originally Posted by mac View Post
PS: This place is called Collector's Weekly and has a lot of other things that people collect. It is a fascinating website.
OOPs! I forgot to put the web address on my message: http://www.collectorsweekly.com/sewing/singer
Old 07-31-2016, 03:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mac View Post
OOPs! I forgot to put the web address on my message: http://www.collectorsweekly.com/sewing/singer
good site, thanks for sharing
Old 07-31-2016, 04:49 AM
Power Poster

I just would be so worried about buying a FW from a stranger.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:49 AM
mac

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I just would be so worried about buying a FW from a stranger.
I bought my first featherweight, after seeing it on this website, from an EBay person who lived in Canada. She lived only a couple of miles from the US border. It arrived a few days before Christmas and she had bubble-wrapped each individual accessory and part. It was the best Christmas present that I had ever received. It ran like a top, that was 8 years ago and I still use it today.

EBay has a pretty good reputation about making people stand behind what they sell. A couple of other things that I purchased on EBay didn't work out so well and even though the seller didn't want to give me my money back, EBay stepped in and sorted it out. They sent me a label to return the product for free and gave me a refund. So, I have confidence that you have a good experience on their website. However, as they say, "Buyer beware", if it seems to good to be true, it probably is.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:08 AM

It's definitely an interesting site. A person could definitely get in trouble.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:31 AM

Mac you are terrible! I went to that site and now I have a bid on an item. Hadn't been on e bay in several years.
Really, thanks for the info.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:20 AM
mac

Originally Posted by indymta View Post
Mac you are terrible! I went to that site and now I have a bid on an item. Hadn't been on e bay in several years.
Really, thanks for the info.
I know, isn't the site great? This is especially wonderful for someone who wants to buy their first Featherweight, like I did. I thought it was especially helpful to know what prices they were going for so I would have some idea if I found a machine in my local area and wanted to be sure that I didn't over-pay.

This site became really helpful to me when I finally got over my dream of finding a Featherweight at a garage sale for $25 like a few of my friends did. That dream died a hard death when reality finally set in.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:12 PM

does it seem that FW prices have dropped some in the last 10 years? I remember looking at them at a show and they were anywhere from $150 (for a really trashed but working one) to $600! and that's in the midwest!