Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Weightless Quilter

Weightless Quilter

I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Yes, it certainly would work very well for sit down machine quilting, but it also appears to require a bit of repositioning the frame/arms as one moves around the quilt. But, I think if I had a sitdown/dsm quilting set up, I would look into this very seriously. ( I have L/A)

Checked it out on line. Sells for $299. Looks like a good alternative for some one like me who doesn't have room for a standard frame. Thanks, Onebyone, for the heads up on something I wasn't even aware existed.

I think it would be so much fun to watch it sway back and forth.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I do wonder if it has a limit on size of sandwich.....the weight of a king might cause those rods to really bend.....going to check out website..curious

edit: just checked website...seems able to support king size....
    Last edited by Geri B; 09-01-2016 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELTIE'SMAMA View Post
    Checked it out on line. Sells for $299. Looks like a good alternative for some one like me who doesn't have room for a standard frame. Thanks, Onebyone, for the heads up on something I wasn't even aware existed.
    If you belong to Shoppers rule, they have it with free shipping: http://www.shoppersrule.com/mm5/merc...e=SP-WQUILT001. No charge to join. I do not work for them, but do belong.

Does anyone have one of these as thinking of getting one and wondered what they were like to use

Power Poster
    I puddle my quilt and it works fine. I did see one quilter that said you can use a rolling clothes hanger to throw the bulk of your quilt over if your space around your machine is limited.

Blog Entries
    Very interesting. I am not to sure in the long run how it would work. Would not work in tighter spaces with your machine near a wall. You would have to have a great deal of open space on all sides. Interesting idea. I noticed the video was made in 2016. I wonder why it hasn't caught on?

There a quite a few DIY systems around if you want to play with plastic pipes etc. Not sure how robust they are but much cheaper I guess.
    Singer Featherweight 221, Janome MC 4800, Janome Horizon 8900QCP Special Edition