Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Went to Marshall's Dry Goods! >

Went to Marshall's Dry Goods!

Went to Marshall's Dry Goods!

Old 03-23-2017, 06:33 PM
Power Poster

I was just there last Friday! I go about 3 times a year. LOVE IT.

They have different qualities for sale in the store. Great name brand manufacturers down to craft store quality such as Springs Creative. I buy a ton of Riley Blake fabrics from them. I also get my battings by the roll there. They have the best price.

I LOVE Dream Cotton! It is identical to Moda Bella Solids, and according to my salesman is it made in the same factory. Perhaps it's even the same thing, sold under two names? They have another solid line called Smoothie, but it's lighter weight than the Dream Cotton. Dream Cotton is very high quality.

I spent the day scouring the $2.99 flat folds and found lots of great name brand manufacturer's mill ends. I didn't even look much at the wholesale, and didn't see the Kaufmann Batiks at all. All good tho, I spent too much $$ as it was....

OnebyOne, there's a great little barbecue place called Fox Creek Barbecue, not 5 minutes away from Marshall's. I always eat there. Next time you go, try it out!
Old 03-24-2017, 09:25 PM

I am so envious of you in the US when I read how cheap fabric is compared to here in Australia.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:35 AM
Power Poster

OnebyOne, there's a great little barbecue place called Fox Creek Barbecue, not 5 minutes away from Marshall's. I always eat there. Next time you go, try it out!
We use to go eat at Julies on the water but it was closed for a long time and never opened when we go. I'll try the Barbeque place next. My sew group is going again in a few weeks. Thanks!
Old 03-25-2017, 08:22 AM
Banned

I have been shopping at Marshalls since before they were a big store, about 30 years. I seldom buy anywhere else.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:42 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by popover View Post
I have been shopping at Marshalls since before they were a big store, about 30 years. I seldom buy anywhere else.
You must live nearby... lucky you! I would love to go more often but they are a 6 hour drive (one way) for me.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:48 AM
Power Poster

About 2 hours away for me. I can go any day. I don't go on weekends though, the reps don't work on weekends and I usually buy bolts.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:48 PM

is Marshalls anywhere on the way to Paducah if you are coming from the Kansas City area? I'm hoping to get my DH to do a trip to Paducah within the next year or so and thinking that would be a nice "side trip"!
Old 03-29-2017, 07:30 AM

Marshall's in in Arkansas. It's a nice drive from Kansas City, very pretty country. Then you can head back up into western MO and cross over the two narrow high bridges (one over the Mississippi and the other over the Ohio) and then head into Paducha. Those bridges give both DH and I the willies! Then you could north into Illinois and through St. Louis to get back to Kansas City.

So not really on the route, but that would be a fun trip. And if you have more time, then swing farther north and hit MSQC too.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:32 AM

Sounds like too much fun. Glad you and friends got to enjoy the time and sharing fabrics.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
You must live nearby... lucky you! I would love to go more often but they are a 6 hour drive (one way) for me.
About a half hour drive. I get to go next week!