Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Wholesale Pricing >

Wholesale Pricing

Wholesale Pricing

Old 03-26-2011, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Sounds good - before I sign up for e-messages, do you know if they ship overseas please?
Yes they do, I just came back from their site.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:06 AM

Boy, did you just send me on a shopping spree, or what? Not sure if I am thanking you, but oh, well, it is just money.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by gkeen
I have ordered various supplies from this website before and have been pleased with everything I got. Prices are cheaper and they have weekly specials. Thought I'd just share my experience!!

http://jhittlesewing.com
I get their emails but haven't purchased anything yet. Thanks for the plug...I'll check them out next paycheck.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:47 PM

I've been buying from that site for about a decade now and have always been happy. I get all my Aurifil thread from them. If your order is over $100 it's free shipping. They do ship international but you have to call them for the amount.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:56 PM

Yes, I have used them before with no problem. Sometimes a few of us put an order together to get free shipping.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by gkeen
I have ordered various supplies from this website before and have been pleased with everything I got. Prices are cheaper and they have weekly specials. Thought I'd just share my experience!!

http://jhittlesewing.com
I agree - though some of their weekly specials aren't. Compare the prices to their regular prices. They do have very good prices on Accuquilt dies and mats.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:44 PM

I, too, have purchased from J Hittle Sewing and highly recommend them.

to gkeen: It is not my intent to “hijack” your post, but to add additional information. Please let me know if it's not okay.

A little background: J Hittle Sewing was recommended in another post last October, 2010. A QB member replied, “Sorry, I am not going to sign up to see what a web site has to offer."
She referred to the fact that she had gone to the site and found that in order to view what J Hittle has to offer, you must provide your e-mail address; what kind of sewing you do (a small list is shown in which you choose one or more); choose the “prices” you're interested in; and view a Terms of Use agreement. As well, I don't have a Sales Tax Number. But, I'm under the impression that many wholesale companies require more information than J Hittle's is asking, AND a Sales Tax #. She wasn't comfortable “signing up”. I PM'd her w/ (my usual too lengthy note) much of the same following encouragement, and my experience.

In the case of this website, you'll be missing some really good savings. I wanted to let you know a little more about J. Hittle Sewing. BTW, I don't work for them, am not related to them, and am in No way associated with them.

John Hittle and his wife are J. Hittle Sewing located in Louisville, KY. It's a family business - like a Mom & Pop. They are very nice people, helpful, and Knowledgeable.

A couple of years ago, I found J. Hittle Sewing. Like you, I was hesitant about giving any of my info. For some reason (I've now forgotten), their name or a good deal on a quilting / sewing product came across my path a few more times. I gave in (to myself) and signed in - and what a pleasant surprise. They really DO sell good sewing / quilting / crafting products (name brand and current) for wholesale prices - to us, the public. In most cases, their prices vs. chain store, and more so, a LQS (although, I do believe in supporting our local quilting store(s)), are a Big savings. It really makes a difference.

To my knowledge, they haven't done anything with my info. other than for J Hittle Sewing records. Call them and ask them what they do with it before using their website: 1-877-805-2616 -- 9am-9pm EST

They may have a couple of 'leetle-bitty' drawbacks. J Hittle Sewing has a standard shipping cost and statement, “There is a $6.70 Shipping and Handling charge on orders under $100.” Let me add, the shipping charge applies no matter the quantity / size / weight of the purchase, even if it's only one small item much less than $6.70. My work-around is to buy several items at one time – shipping is the same unless, of course, your purchase is $100 or more. (I'm not able to spend $100 at a time.) The savings on purchases + shipping will still be much lower than sale items locally without shipping costs. Receiving a purchase from them generally is 10 days, not less. So ya gotta do a leetle-bitty planning ahead...? SAVE and get what you want!

IMHO, I think you will find J Hittle Sewing is very well worth your patronage. I hope you check it out for yourself and save lots.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by capsew
I, too, have purchased from J Hittle Sewing and highly recommend them.

to gkeen: it is not my intent to “hijack” your post, but to add additional information.

A little background: J Hittle Sewing was recommended in another post last October, 2010. A QB member replied, “Sorry, I am not going to sign up to see what a web site has to offer."
She referred to the fact that she had gone to the site and found that in order to view what J Hittle has to offer, you must provide your e-mail address; what kind of sewing you do (a small list is shown in which you choose one or more); choose the “prices” you're interested in; and view a Terms of Use agreement. She wasn't comfortable “signing up”. I PM'd her w/ (my usual too lengthy note) much of the same following encouragement, and my experience.
As well, I don't have Sales Tax Number. But, I'm under the impression that many wholesale companies require more information than J Hittle's is asking, AND a Sales Tax #.
In the case of this website, you'll be missing some really good savings. I wanted to let you know a little more about J. Hittle Sewing. BTW, I don't work for them, am not related to them, and am in No way associated with them.
John Hittle and his wife are J. Hittle Sewing located in Louisville, KY. It's a family business - more like a Mom & Pop. They are very nice people, helpful, and Knowledgeable.
A couple of years ago, I found J. Hittle Sewing. Like you, I was hesitant about giving any of my info. For some reason (I've now forgotten), their name or a good deal on a quilting / sewing product came across my path a few more times. I gave in (to myself) and signed in - and what a pleasant surprise. They really DO sell good sewing / quilting / crafting products (name brand and current) for wholesale prices - to us, the public. In most cases, their prices vs. chain store, and more so, a LQS (although, I do believe in supporting our local quilting store(s)), are a Big savings. It really makes a difference.
To my knowledge, they haven't done anything with my info. other than for J Hittle Sewing records. Call them and ask them what they do with it before using their website: 1-877-805-2616--9 amTo 9 pm EST
They may have a couple of 'leetle-bitty' drawbacks. J Hittle Sewing has a standard shipping cost and statement, “There is a $6.70 Shipping and Handling charge on orders under $100.” Let me add, the shipping charge applies no matter the quantity / size / weight of the purchase, even if it's only one small item much less than $6.70. My work-around is to buy several items at one time – shipping is the same unless, of course, your purchase is $100 or more. (I'm not able to spend $100 at a time.) The shipping savings on purchases + shipping will still be much lower than sale items locally and no shipping costs. Receiving a purchase from them generally is 10 days, not less.
IMHO, I think you will find J Hittle Sewing is very well worth your patronage. I hope you check it out for yourself and save lots.
Great information!!
Old 03-26-2011, 06:39 PM

They have Masingers gloves for $5.08. That is a terrific price and the gloves are great!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:18 PM
lue

I tried to go onto their website just now but couldn't see any fabrics. Did I miss something?