Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
This will be helpful with your eyes/sewing machine >

This will be helpful with your eyes/sewing machine

This will be helpful with your eyes/sewing machine

Old 11-11-2016, 09:35 AM

Default This will be helpful with your eyes/sewing machine

Me and the wife check out a couple quilt shops yesterday. On the way back we stopped by the Fabric Stasher in Tipton, Ia. The fabric stasher shop had a LED light system for your sewing machine.The owner demo'ed the light . When you turn your sewing machine on. All you have is just the bulb lighting. This led lighting you can go from dull lighting to (semi) bright lighting. I'm really glad I bought it. If anyone is interested you can on google search type in Babb enterprises. This business has different product for sale.[ATTACH=CONFIG]562043[/ATTACH]I'm really glad I bought this lighting system
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  
Old 11-11-2016, 06:14 PM
Power Poster

I have't seen this set up before. I don't know why sewing machine designers think one or two bulbs inside the machine is enough light. I bought the LED strip that goes under the throat of the machine. I didn't want it to be permanent so put two elastic bands around it. Works great and doesn't wiggle around when I'm machine quilting trying to push the quilt through the throat space. Not tight enough to pop an eye out if they break, just snug to hold the strip in place.
Old 11-12-2016, 06:41 AM

Thank you.Going to look into it. Still haven't figured out why light bulbs companies haven't made lead lights for our older machines.Must not be able to make billions in profits.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:00 AM

That looks good, especially with the adjustable lighting, here is where I got my lighting: http://www.inspiredled.com/products/...ng-machine-kit. It's so nice to be able to see what you're sewing.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:07 AM

Thank you. I will pass this on to a dear friend with macular degeneration. The dimmer switch is something I've never seen with LED lights for the machine.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by pocoellie View Post
That looks good, especially with the adjustable lighting, here is where I got my lighting: http://www.inspiredled.com/products/...ng-machine-kit. It's so nice to be able to see what you're sewing.
This is where I purchased my light and also bought one for the other machine.
Old 11-13-2016, 03:38 AM

Looks like a nice lighting option for your machine Don. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:00 AM

Great to hear - I'll be visiting the Fabric Stacher this coming week I'll check it out.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:22 AM

Thanks for this, I had looked up sewing machine LEDs before and I would prefer a dimmable light. I looked up Babb Enterprises (http://thestripstick.com/buy_products) like you suggested and they actually make strip or panel versions as well as extension set for longarms. I am probably going to start with the sewing machine version.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:10 AM
mac

Originally Posted by Sallyflymi View Post
Thank you.Going to look into it. Still haven't figured out why light bulbs companies haven't made lead lights for our older machines.Must not be able to make billions in profits.
I bought an LED light for my Featherweight machine. I love it. The bulb also fit several other types of older machines, but I don't remember which ones. I bought them on EBay.