Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: wow, amazing new product

Blog Entries

wow, amazing new product

I am so excited to try this. Watch the video http://store.thequiltshow.com/Quilte...noti-ffuse.htm

I saw this product advertised recently. I wonder how you get the powder only where you want it? Seems risky to use for applique.
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

Don't think I would like to iron an entire quilt with it, it would get soooooo wrinkled ; just my opinion though. I'll stick with 505.

Hmmm!! Interesting. I'm looking forward to the other uses for it and for the recommendations from y'all.

It must be similar to this product. I think it would be great for small things like applique, etc. Not sure about a whole quilt.

https://www.bonashstore.com/store/p2...arter_Kit.html

Power Poster
    ​I watched it but will be waiting for more reviews. It is $20 and she said it would do 1 quilt. She also said it does not wash out so what does the quilt feel like after?

I ordered some. It will be amazing for binding and fuse applique. I have liked all the Quilter's Select products. They are quality and do exactly what they made for.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    ​I watched it but will be waiting for more reviews. It is $20 and she said it would do 1 quilt. She also said it does not wash out so what does the quilt feel like after?
    She said it becomes very supple and nice feeling. I like that it is the texture of salt so no powder everywhere.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Seems like a lot of work for a big quilt. Might be OK for a wall hanging. I'll stick with 505, though.

Watson

I have similar to this, got it years ago from Betterware, l used it for putting fabric behind torn school trousers. I have two boys and there was hardly a day went by, without one of them tearing some part of their clothing. It was great, forgot I had it must see if it still works ��

Sounds like Bonash.

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158 model 1914/. 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s/ HQSweetSixteen

Blog Entries
    Free Fuse is 2 oz is $19.95 plus shipping . bo-nash is $11.29 prime (no shipping) on amazon for the same 2 oz.

https://www.amazon.com/Bo-Nash-2-Oun.../dp/B000W5JQKI

I'm sticking to my 505 spray also for when I have something small that I don't need my quilting frame for.

I am sticking with Elmer’s washable school glue drizzled on straight from the bottle for basting my quilts. I’m about 15 quilts in and have had no issues. Very inexpensive and no overspray
    Alyce

Ha! I use to use a fusible powder to attach my daughters girl scout badges...worked great! I haven't seen the product in stores for years. I guess its back and may have a new twist.

This is not a powder. I have the powder stuff and don't want powder. Fusible powder is available in upholstery shops by the lb. if you want cheaper by bulk. Powder fusible is strong and is permanent. This new product may be better or not but I'm willing to give it try before being negative about how it works or the cost.
    Last edited by Onebyone; 09-29-2018 at 11:23 AM.

I ordered some to use on my machine embroidery projects. I'll let you know how I like it!

Alex Anderson was demonstrating this product at the show in Livermore recently. It is a lot like Bo-nash but you don't need to use water. It takes very little to fuse your fabric and batting together. It stays soft so you don't feel it in the quilt (the same as Bo-nash). Also there is no overspray like when you use 505. I bought one and am excited to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
    I am sticking with Elmer’s washable school glue drizzled on straight from the bottle for basting my quilts. I’m about 15 quilts in and have had no issues. Very inexpensive and no overspray
    My thoughts exactly

The possibilities of this product is way more then basting a large quilt. I wouldn't use it for that any anyway.

I make large quilts, and lately have been using fusible batting. But I really don't like having to iron it. I have used heavy homemade starch to baste but it too needs to be ironed. All along I thought 505 had to be ironed but no it doesn't according to the website. Buying with a coupon and will try that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
    I am sticking with Elmerís washable school glue drizzled on straight from the bottle for basting my quilts. Iím about 15 quilts in and have had no issues. Very inexpensive and no overspray
    I too, have not pinned a quilt since I discovered using washable school glue by Elmerís.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Blog Entries
    I love this , going to look for it …