Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
X Block Errors...read if you have patterns >

X Block Errors...read if you have patterns

X Block Errors...read if you have patterns

Old 10-28-2010, 06:22 AM

Love, love, love the X-Block tool! The quilts are adorable (I only have the older patterns) and quick to do up!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:45 PM

You would be shocked at the number of errors in quilt magazines and books. Since the internet, I look to see if the book/magazine has posted corrections on line. After working on a quilt for weeks, got to last step, discovered there was an error. Looked for disclaimer on book, usually on first page, there was no disclaimer. Called publisher, explained problem, received a check for cost of fabric and some of my time. Now always check for errors, especially if the material cost is higher than normal.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:23 PM

Carol, love your cat avatar! Is it a tonkinese? Looks like one we had some years ago. It was the best cat ever.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 10-28-2010, 03:30 PM

Stella is a Siamese, she is a really good cat. Love her...
Originally Posted by wraez
Carol, love your cat avatar! Is it a tonkinese? Looks like one we had some years ago. It was the best cat ever.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 10-28-2010, 03:41 PM

Tonkinese and Siamese look similar .. yours is a cutie!
Old 10-28-2010, 03:50 PM

Thanks...
Originally Posted by wraez
Tonkinese and Siamese look similar .. yours is a cutie!
Old 10-29-2010, 12:28 AM

I think the instructions on her template is also wrong...Playing around with my scraps. trying out the x-block...OK...maybe its just me...the directions are horrible. I did do as it said to and noooo...the lines did not line up. The block does look awesome and I will use it. I will not use the little pieces it leaves behind for the borders...who the heck has time to sew them all. for 13.95 for the idea concept its fine...but I would not pay more than that.
Originally Posted by carolaug
I found a new quilt shop near my work today...woohoo...I bought the x-block template and then went on the site http://patriciapepe.com/oops.html - lots of corrections for a bunch of patterns that were sold. I can't wait to try out my new template!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-106997.jpe  
Old 10-29-2010, 12:45 AM

I think the strips should be cut at 3 1/2 not 3 1/4 like her instructions say on the template!!!!! I will try that this weekend.
I think the instructions on her template is also wrong...Playing around with my scraps. trying out the x-block...OK...maybe its just me...the directions are horrible. I did do as it said to and noooo...the lines did not line up. The block does look awesome and I will use it. I will not use the little pieces it leaves behind for the borders...who the heck has time to sew them all. for 13.95 for the idea concept its fine...but I would not pay more than that.
I found a new quilt shop near my work today...woohoo...I bought the x-block template and then went on the site http://patriciapepe.com/oops.html - lots of corrections for a bunch of patterns that were sold. I can't wait to try out my new template!
Old 10-29-2010, 01:03 PM

I did this wrong...I will do another one this weekend the right way.....though I do like the way this likes too.