Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Yeah!  A youtube tutorial  how to make the Spicy Spiral Tablerunner! >

Yeah! A youtube tutorial how to make the Spicy Spiral Tablerunner!

Yeah! A youtube tutorial how to make the Spicy Spiral Tablerunner!

Old 11-26-2013, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62 View Post
I had no idea there was so much waste. I have always wanted to make one but didn't get the ruler yet. Now I'm not so sure.. Hmmmm
There isn't much waste. You cut half of the wedges from the opposite side of your first cut so you use all that fabric that was between the first wedges. There's probably enough for a potholder left.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:11 AM
Power Poster

I had no idea there was so much waste. I have always wanted to make one but didn't get the ruler yet. Now I'm not so sure.. Hmmmm
I got one cut and the waste wasn't enough for me to do anything with but toss in the scrap bin.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:40 PM

I have been wanting to do one of these for ages - thanks for sharing the link!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:13 PM
KLO

Oh thanks so much for this link. I also have the pattern and ruler and have been wanting to make this. This will be the first thing on my list come 2014.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:02 PM

Haven't watched the youtube video yet, but I made 4 of these, here's a picture of the small tidbits of waste that I had after cutting for the one. [ATTACH=CONFIG]448955[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails spicy-spiral005-small-.jpg  
Old 11-28-2013, 06:09 AM

I agree, I have the 10 degree ruler. Signed up for a class, and used it instead of the 9 degree that everyone else was using. I had very little waste. The difference was that my table runner is about 1 inch longer and 1 inch wider than the one my friend made using their #9 ruler. I've loved the look of these, but took the class to understand the cutting. I'm not sure I would have done it correctly otherwise. For the record, my teacher cautioned about marking off the sections on your pattern (check mark) with a pencil once you cut them. 2 of the ladies in the class were visiting, and did not do this, and cut 2 of the same sections. The other caution I can give you is that my friend started cutting her strata lengthwise rather than across the seams. She was able to finish her runner, but the hardest part of this pattern IS the Cutting.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:22 AM
ro
Banned

when this pattern first came out, i knew i absolutely loved it. but i was a new quilter and knew i could never do anything like that. so..........i paid someone to do it for me. i went to lancaster and bought the fabric and gave it to the "professional". well the "professional" had the runner for several months. after 6 months or so i finally said, and when....coming soon was the response. and after a few more months and when.....coming soon. well finally i said just give it to me i dont care in what condition its in........well what a mess it was. i took it all apart, and i finished it. so have a little confidence in yourself. give it a try. its not really as bad as you think. and if it gets tough, pick up and walk away for a while.