Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
YouTube link-The Quilting Marine >

YouTube link-The Quilting Marine

YouTube link-The Quilting Marine

Old 01-25-2018, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by charley26 View Post
Yes, why is that?
Maybe it means don't mess with my fabric.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:02 PM

Hoo-rah! Good for you Marine! I always wondered who would follow in Rosie Greer's footsteps. In case you're too young to remember, he was a pro football player who took up needlepoint as a hobby. He didn't let little minds put him into a pigeon hole either. We need more men in this world like you and Rosie.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:36 AM

Thank you for sharing this. I subscribed and started watching his videos from the beginning last night. I have a big smile on my face the entire time I'm watching.

It's refreshing to watch someone who is very free with the craft and not bound to some tight tolerances that other crafty youtube channels sometimes adhere to. He is quilting how he wants and with what he wants without worrying about the best and perfection. I suspect he is trying to appeal to other men in his situation and encourage them to learn a craft to channel energy into.

He also addressed the gun in an earlier video. He explains that they are a second amendment family and they are all trained and armed and that he likes to have protection at arms reach at any time.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by SuziSew View Post
I found this link last night and found it really inspiring as well as touching. It's called the Quilting Marine, and from what I've seen/understand he's using quilting as a way to deal with PTSD.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCo...xQFGzAfU61DBpg
I have enjoyed watching his videos and his pleasure making gifts for loved ones. He wants other servicemen/women to get the benefit of dealing with intense memories with crumb quilts or whatever and getting rid of the tension. A 20 year Marine and a great wife and dog. What a hoot! I hope someone suggests he join us. I don't have time to sew but love you all for the laughs and sharing your hearts with me and each other.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:46 PM

I was wondering if anyone on the Quilting Board was helping the Quilting Marine with his donation sampler quilt? He doesn't call it a 'Quilt of Valor', but it seems to be the same idea. He is taking 10" blocks (10 1/2") until the 4th of July. He's been collecting them since Memorial Day. He plans to put together the quilt and give it. With 4000+ followers on his channel, I was surprised that he hadn't received very many blocks yet. Perhaps people follow him because he has a cute sense of humor, he has engaging conversation, and his wife sounds so happy. She's constantly laughing. :-) He's published his address for sending the blocks in the video. His name is Mark, and he's in Georgia. If you make charity quilts or QOV and want to participate, you'll have to hurry as the time is almost gone for sending a block.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmAcqpdDGVU Click on 'Show more' to find the address.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:46 AM

I watch him on YouTube and I sent him a block last week and saw it on one of his happy mail secret sew videos. I enjoy his videos and attitude towards quilting and helping others.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:33 AM

I contributed to the secret sew! My block was in the first set. I have been keeping up with him and his wife since SuziSew posted his channel link here. I really like watching his videos.