Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
630 Bernita sewing and embroidery machine >

630 Bernita sewing and embroidery machine

630 Bernita sewing and embroidery machine

Old 02-04-2022, 07:04 AM

Default 630 Bernita sewing and embroidery machine

What is the going price for this machine and is it a good machine ?
Old 02-04-2022, 08:40 AM

You might want to give us a bit more information. Does it have the embroidery module and any feet? Bernina feet are expensive and having them can increase value. I have never owned a 630, but I like Bernina machines and would have a couple more if I could afford it.

You might check the "sold" auctions on eBay to get an idea of value.
Old 02-04-2022, 09:00 AM

yes it has the embroidery module and some feet.
the reason i am looking at this machine is that it has a stitch regulator and i am a quilter
she is asking $1400. and she is the 2nd owner she had it serviced in 2016 when she bought a new machine.
it has a 2 crack's in the case and plastic table.
Ebay is selling one for $1000. and free shipping
Moved to town and don't have a place for my grand quilter by Pffaf to set up.
Old 02-04-2022, 10:29 AM
Power Poster

I would think since she had it serviced you could speak to the person who serviced it to see what it needs to bring it to like new condition, You don't know what the insides look like. How many hours and stitches it has on it. Also, check with the local dealer to see if there is a trade in that is a better value. I am concerned that if there were so many owners, it has been used a lot and needs more than a service. Which it will need again, since it has been sitting and the oil needs to be cleaned off the working parts not to freeze up. Now, I am no expert, but those are my thoughts.
Old 02-12-2022, 03:24 AM

it has a 2 crack's in the case and plastic table. and this price is almost $1k to $1.5k
Old 03-24-2022, 02:07 AM

Now what is the price for this machine in the market .
Old 03-24-2022, 05:01 AM

The 630 is a discontinued model so there may be limited support. I have one that I love for sewing and piecing, but the embroidery module has always been a problem in that it doesn't reliably sense which hoop is in place. (Big disappointment that because when it does embroider it's lovely!) I sew quite a bit and Bernina is one of the machines that needs to go to dealer for routine maintenance. Some sewing machine guys won't service Berninas saying that they're not certified to work on them and don't want to void any warranties. After 10 or 20 years, I'm sure any warranty is long gone. The stitch regulator is going to jack the price up considerably and I don't have one with my machine, but I've heard mixed reviews on results using one. Good luck and I hope this helps.
Old 03-24-2022, 06:04 AM

I used to have a 630 which I got for the stitch regulator (BSR) I never did get the embroidery module for it as I had my Viking D1 which I used for embroidery. It was a fine machine for piecing and I did try the BSR and it worked OK. I think a lot of folks used the BSR like training wheels. Once they got the hang of free motion quilting, they found it is smoother to quilt without as which any stitch regulator you are sometimes fighting it as it tries to maintain that even stitch for you. Even on my longarm, I will occasionally turn it off if I am doing smaller tighter motifs as it then goes much smoother. My stitches may not be as even, but the shape of those tiny swirls are smoother. My dealer only offered me $500 on trade in a couple of years ago as it was an older model and no longer being made. It was in good shape with all the accessories that came with it. I actually wish I had kept it for what I got on trade in as it was good for piecing as it had those 5 mm feed dogs.