Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Baby Lock Esante Ese >

Baby Lock Esante Ese

Baby Lock Esante Ese

Old 06-08-2023, 08:49 AM

Default Baby Lock Esante Ese

I am new to embroidery machines but would like one that's user friendly. I have a chance to get a Baby Lock Esante Ese (not Ese 2). Are these machines too outdated? It works great and comes with all the parts, hoops, foot pedal, table, etc and tons of supplies. What is a fair price to offer? Thanks in advance for any advice or thoughts you have to offer.
Old 06-09-2023, 06:25 AM

I would probably call a dealership and ask if parts like computer boards are still available for this model and for how long. Also, as you mentioned many extra that comes with them, what is their worth and will those accessories work on newer models in case you upgrade. That will give you a better idea of how much to pay. The "extra's" may actually be worth more than the machine depending on the age of the machine.
Old 06-09-2023, 10:10 AM

Sounds like I should do a bit more investigating 😉. Thank you for the advice!
Old 06-09-2023, 05:19 PM

Yes, it is an older machine that uses older technology. I looked at one with our LQS back in 2014.

Check with the local dealer. There may be a machine on consignment that has new technology. Ladie upgrade machines when new model come out and then consign current machines.

There are machines that will have some of newer features that may be in your price range. Check the sites for each brand for tutorials and video on the features.

What type of projects do you want to do?