Brother 1500

Old 12-15-2021, 06:05 PM

Default Brother 1500

My machine is eating my thread - I have changed needles and had it serviced. It is so irritating! I am thinking it is the thread but cannot find name of thread.
Old 12-15-2021, 06:44 PM

My watchword on this type of situation is 'when in doubt, toss it out' I've found it's much easier to get rid of something rather than spending hours trying to figure out what is wrong only to discover it was the thread. Wind a new bobbin with another type of thread and see how that thread works for you. I've had machines that don't like certain brands of thread. Aurafil seems to work well in most of my machines.
Old 12-16-2021, 05:18 AM
Power Poster

If you haven't had the problem before it's probably the thread or needle. I had a Brother 1500 and it broke three times because of the same thing. The repairman didn't know enough to tell me not to use bobbins with holes around it. A tech found the problem. Holy bobbins will cause a lot of damage. He explained but I forgot. Always use the type of bobbins that came with the machine. I bought a Juki and was told never to use any bobbin not made for that model machine. Both are great machines.
Old 12-16-2021, 05:50 AM
Power Poster

I have two of those machines. As long as it is threaded properly and the needle is in correctly and works with the thread, my guess would be a bad spool. Or there is a hitch in the actual spool the thread is getting Stuck on. At least try that.
Old 12-16-2021, 06:01 AM

I have the Brother's 1500se. until a couple years ago it worked perfectly. Now I have to get it in for service and hope it will work well when I get it back. The cost and distance to get it to the machine repair place is the hold up for me. I have this plan brewing in the back of my brain. I actually have another machine to take in and have serviced too. I can't afford to do 2 at one time.
I love the Brothers 1500se it is a great machine and for years had great success with it.
With your machine I would try one more attempted at repair. It should not be a lost cause yet. As others say, it could only be a bobbin or something else very simple. Also if you can, bring with you a sample of what it is doing. Been there and done that. Bringing that sample can make all the difference.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:44 PM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Vzach View Post
My machine is eating my thread - I have changed needles and had it serviced. It is so irritating! I am thinking it is the thread but cannot find name of thread.
I don't have Brother 1500, but I have 1850 https://www.craftyhangouts.com/best-...hine/#product2 for three years. It works perfectly. I had Janome 54 before that. It was a mess. The machine skipped the stitches all the time. I called a repairman a few times and finally, it broke. It was the most terrible machine that I ever had.
Now, I am happy with my machine. I have done lots of clothes for my children such as trousers and t-shirts. I also sewed a quilting-style blanket, but it did not go well (because of my mistakes ). So, if you ever want to change your sewing machine, I highly recommend B 1850.
Old 02-10-2022, 04:11 AM

Check the bobbin.
Remove the bobbin and make sure the bobbin is inserted and threaded properly in the shuttle race.
Remove any loose threads or lint in the shuttle race by using the brush instead of blowing into the machine.
Make sure that there are no scratches or burrs on the bobbin case (if so, it will need to be replaced).
Make sure you are using the correct size bobbin that was designed for this machine.
The bobbin thread may not be wound properly.
Replace the bobbin with a new one to test and see if this could be the issue.