Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hi from Havana

Hi from Havana

Hi, I`m a cuban quilter. Recently I bought a Bernina Artista 200 but in german. How I can change the language? I speak spanish and english.Thanks in advance

Blog Entries
    a warm welcome from western KY> sorry do not know your machine, and you are way ahead of me in language I only speak English and quilts
    dare to dream

Hello Rafael, bottom of page 166 of this PDF should tell you how to access what languages your machine has:
    https://www.bernina.com/BERNINA/medi...01_a200_EN.pdf

Welcome to the boards!

Thanks, I have the manual, but only says which language is active and not how to change it

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    Thanks, I have the manual, but only says which language is active and not how to change it
    When you're in that "software and language" screen, did you try touching on where it says "German"? Maybe it operates like a drop-down menu and you need to select it to see your language choices. Just a guess.

Otherwise this may be helpful until you can figure it out: https://translate.google.com/

The other thing I was wondering about was the Factory Reset option which is in that same area of the book. Of course, that could indeed be German.

All I can say is that I've always wanted a machine smarter than I am! A friend of mine gave me a modern Bernina 830 "sewing computer" she replaced, it doesn't have the embroidery module because she already had a couple embroidery machines. I think it's pretty close to being smarter than me.

You would think a machine as smart as Rafael has there would be some sort of easy option but sometimes it's stuff that needs a dealer code or there is a hidden advanced screen somewhere. Sometimes it's the easy thing that gets us. Like with my new-to-me Bernie, I was trying to wind the bobbin and it just wouldn't go and wouldn't go until finally I realized that stomping on the foot pedal which worked very well with my old machines was not the way to do it and finally noticed the button on the display screen to press. Voila! after minutes of frustration, one very easily wound bobbin.