Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Multiple needle machines >

Multiple needle machines

Multiple needle machines

Old 12-17-2023, 03:34 AM

Default Multiple needle machines

Good morning, I am considering buying a Husqvarna 10 needle embroidery machine. I have the epic 1 and 2, love to embroider on them, but would like to try a machine that is faster and with no color changes. Has anyone had experience with this machine. The one I would get is a demo model from a Viking store. It will be going for service to make sure everything works the way it should. The company no longer makes these machines. The price is fairly good but I think negotiable. So if you are familiar with multiple needle machines, can you give me some idea of how you like it and is it worth it! Thanks!
Old 12-17-2023, 04:49 AM

I had a 10 needle machine, worked great, loved it but found that I didn't use it that much. It was fun and convenient, it did have a bit of a learning curve. I didn't embroider for profit, most people don't want to pay for embroidered items because they can buy them for less money. I embroidered on my granddaughters clothing as well as mine and some items for friends.
The one you are looking at is discontinued, therefore parts may be difficult to get. I would not purchase it.
Old 12-17-2023, 05:50 AM

A couple of other considerations for you.

Be sure to have a sit-down demo and do a design stitch out to see the actual process and set-up. You mention "faster" but there is also set up time to thread the machine and program the colors. What is the speed of the machine stitches?

Many of the designs have more than 10 thread colors so extra attention to those changes are needed.

Will the dealer offer in home service or transport the machine when it needs service?
Old 12-17-2023, 06:24 AM

Hi I agree with Rhonda K. I have a niece with a multi needle machine and her let down was the amount of time it takes to set up ,she sells product and has gone back to using 2 single needle machines .Once the multi needle is set up it really fast, but most time she can get small jobs done faster in the single needle machine.I personally have thought of purchasing 15 needle but a lot of my projects have 40-50 colors and I would reprogramming color changes 4 times project and re threading as well ,I'll stick to a single needle .The service on these machines can be very expensive if you can't get it to a dealer close by, most call out fee's are around $175 these days plus what ever has to be repaired. A 10 needle machine would be very heavy, I wouldn't like to be lugging it around. Brands to look are Babylock- Brother- Lucky, all are proven good runners
Old 12-17-2023, 07:13 PM

Hi This video shows how complicated it can be using a multi needle machine to do tile scenes.It's just one of the reasons I wouldn't purchase a multi needle. Just the setting up of this particular scene, I would have finished the two scenes with my single needle machine. Watch this video and you will have to patient as she go's through the procedure of setting up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrcUOYWvl5Y&t=2115s
To me each to there own but it's a lot of money. You can buy a very high quality dedicated only embroidery machine for a quarter of the price with a super large hoop.
Old 12-18-2023, 05:20 AM

Default Multiple needle machines

Thank you all for your input. I am seriously considering to scrap the idea of the 10 needle machine. I did not think of all the work of setting up and what I would have to do to add more colors. It really helped me to have you all open my eyes. Changing colors on my epic is not hard at all and my phone tells me when it is time. So thank you again. Carol, Sisquilter1
Old 12-19-2023, 11:54 AM
Gay

Just my 10c worth. I recently purchased a Brother 10 needle machine (not the latest model) and love it. Yes it can take 10 minutes to set up all those threads, if you need to use that many, but press the button and you have the whole design done without constantly rethreading. Some of mine have taken an hour to 1 1/2 hrs and I even left the room for quite a while with no problems. I admit there is a bit of a learning curve, my machine is able to do so much more and I probably will never use some features. If someone can teach you it is so much easier. I usually find buying a demo model worth it, as it's not very old.
Old 12-20-2023, 04:57 AM

You are a serious enabler Gay. Maybe I will go to a dealer or two, just to look! Glad to have another opinion! Thanks