Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

craftybear 01-02-2010 05:47 PM

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Hi,

If you have an embroidery machine please chat with us so we can help learn from each other. Please post what machines you have and what projects you are making. We would love to see pictures of your projects

This will be fun.

I have a Janome 10000 which I haven't started using yet so want to get it out and start learning to use it.

Karen "Craftybear" Indiana, USA

Sheesh 01-02-2010 05:54 PM

Does anyone have an idea of what software extension is for a singer futura embroidery machine? I bought it from HSN and haven't found this info so far. Never had an EM,but many other sewing and also an espire quilting machine, not quite ready for a longarm

Up North 01-02-2010 05:58 PM

I have a Brother SE350 with a 4 inch hoop it uses PES files. I bought the PED Basic to download off the internet. I absolutely love my machine and have a bunch of quilt squares started also did a fun and Done baby quilt in all white. I have done t shirts and sweatshirts.

kluedesigns 01-02-2010 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sheesh
Does anyone have an idea of what software extension is for a singer futura embroidery machine? I bought it from HSN and haven't found this info so far. Never had an EM,but many other sewing and also an espire quilting machine, not quite ready for a longarm

it reads just about every one of them.

XXX, PES, HUS, ART, etc.

the only thing you have to watch for is JEF - the newer models do and the older models don't

if you go to the futura website you can read all about it

cutebuns 01-02-2010 06:22 PM

I have two brothers, the 8500 and the PR620, I have been doing it for close to 16 years and do everything under the sun with them, I have the pedesign 7 program so that I can do my own designs but have a collection from the www.emblibrary.com site, it is a favorite of mine as a lot of my friends can attest to.

mawmaw 01-02-2010 06:24 PM

I have a Viking SE LE. Currently I am embroidering quilting designs on solids with batting and backing using variegated thread. They are cut into 8-1/2" squares and serged together like a rag quilt. Fun & Done!

Our embroidery group "Magic Machines" is starting the Summer Wine quilt by Jenny Haskins this month. I have already embroidered the first block.

Sheesh 01-02-2010 06:25 PM

I'll go look thanks for th info

LoriJ 01-02-2010 06:39 PM

I have a Janome 350E, just got it last October and haven't dont a whole lot on it yet. I just finished a hummingbird quilt that's on another thread. My DH got me magnahoops for Christmas, so now I can try to put something on the pashima scarves I found. I'm still looking around to see what editing software I want to use.

joeyoz 01-02-2010 06:56 PM

I have a Baby Lock Elegance 2. Haven't been able to do much since Thanksgiving. My mom had Hemorrhagic Stroke (brain bleed) and has been in the hospital ever since. Hope to get back to it soon though. A chat about embroidery would be awesome.

sewnsewer2 01-02-2010 07:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have a Bernina 640 and the 4X4 and 5X10 hoops. I have made many many quilts using embroidery on them.

Here are a couple of baby quilts I did for charity last year, one of many anyway. :lol:

And one I just reciently (Sept) I made for my son.