Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: tea towels that you sell

tea towels that you sell

I have a question re: tea towels that you embroider and sell (say in, craft shows, Etsy or wherever). Do you wash before or after you have finished with towel or both? I have washed before I embroidery and it seems to take the "newness" out of it. Of course I always end it with a good pressing. Thanks for response.

I wash in cold water with no soap and dry in dryer. This will shrink the towel before you machine embroider and the towel will still look new. Hope this helps. I've sold alot of towels at craft fairs.
    Susan

I wash first, to remove any sizing that would make it harder to stitch through. As was mentioned, a good press can restore it to nearly new condition, only a bit softer and without the sizing.

By the way, "embroidery" is a noun, and the verb is "embroider". Seems to be a common mix-up, like "border" and "boarder".
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for the English lesson!