Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Used Husqvarna Ruby Design Deluxe >

Used Husqvarna Ruby Design Deluxe

Used Husqvarna Ruby Design Deluxe

Old 03-09-2024, 01:27 PM

Smile Used Husqvarna Ruby Design Deluxe

Hi,I have a new to me Ruby Deluxe. I’m very new to embroidery machines and learning as I go. I have the user manual but missing the CD that came with it. It says it’s a 5D? I can find 3d and 4d CD’s but not the 5D. I really want to upload my own designs but was told I needed the CD to do so. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Old 03-10-2024, 01:05 AM
Gay

Those CDs are computer programs which allow you to see and play with the designs you will save on your computer, and they are old so may not work on a newer computer anyway, if you can find a used one. Here is a link to a basic program - it's free- which should help a little. Check which format you need for your machine. You will save your designs from computer to a usb stick or card, whichever your machine uses. If card then you will need a separate card reader that connects to the computer. Of course there are 'add-on' programs that you no doubt will have to pay for if you decide basic is not enough, I haven't checked out any more. But the basic looks pretty good for 'free'. This company has several videos to watch.

DIME Embroidery software
Old 03-11-2024, 03:27 PM

I have the 5D program - it comes with a disk and a dongle that you need to be able to activate and use the program. It will work on a Windows 10 or older system. When I changed laptops a few years ago (to Windows 10) I had to get help from the HVP support team, but I was able to get it to work.
If you don't have the dongle (think USB looking type of thing) the CD won't do you any good.
Old 03-12-2024, 08:59 AM

Can I ask where you got the cd from? I have been searching everywhere!
Old 03-12-2024, 07:41 PM

I am not sure what was on the CD that came with the Ruby Deluxe. I have gotten CD's from Viking with new machines and they were just general information about the sewing machine I just got. The 5D program was a separate program you purchased separately if you wanted to manipulate embroidery designs beyond the basics. That came with a CD. This is an older embroidery program and is no longer being sold as it has been replaced with newer versions. I had posted a reply earlier regarding the Viking website that might be of help. I don't know where that posting went. It disappeared. Anyway, the Viking website has some info on it regarding embroidery and transferring of designs but they are in the process of putting up a new website. Also, if you do a internet search, there are some you tube videos on the Ruby Deluxe that may be helpful. I would just do a search for "How do I transfer embroidery designs to the Ruby Deluxe.

Last edited by sewingpup; 03-12-2024 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-12-2024, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
I am not sure what was on the CD that came with the Ruby Deluxe. I have gotten CD's from Viking with new machines and they were just general information about the sewing machine I just got. The 5D program was a separate program you purchased separately if you wanted to manipulate embroidery designs beyond the basics. That came with a CD. This is an older embroidery program and is no longer being sold as it has been replaced with newer versions. I had posted a reply earlier regarding the Viking website that might be of help. I don't know where that posting went. It disappeared. Anyway, the Viking website has some info on it regarding embroidery and transferring of designs but they are in the process of putting up a new website. Also, if you do a internet search, there are some you tube videos on the Ruby Deluxe that may be helpful. I would just do a search for "How do I transfer embroidery designs to the Ruby Deluxe.
It didn’t disappear, there seems to be two separate threads going on this topic.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/vbulle...e-t250201.html